ISO ideas for leftover broth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whole milk

Senior Cook
I boiled some chickpeas (for humus) and then blanched some spinach for a tart the other night. I kept the water (in separate pans), reduced, and put them in the fridge thinking they would make nice additions to a soup. Now I'm trying to think what flavours would best match that kind of broth and if I could use them together.

Does anyone have any suggestions for soup ideas or flavours that would go nice with a spinach and/or chickpea stock?

Thanks,

Some kind of vegetable soup, bean soup, or even chicken soup would be fine with them. You might want to add more flavors to them when you decide to use them.

I commend you for not wasting that flavored water - it's so easy just to toss it. I don't see why you couldn't just toss them together either.

Strangely enough, I saw this recipe on tv a couple of hours ago. I don't see why you couldn't substitute the combined stocks for the chicken stock. It would intensify the flavours of the soup. Any leafy green vegetable could be used instead of silverbeet. I never use silverbeet in anything, always preferring spinach.
Chorizo and chickpea soup

I think they would be fine together. I would even use the stock in addition to mushrooms and make a nice risotto. Or if you want to stick with soup, adding it to a cream of cauliflower soup would taste good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom