ISO Spaghetti Squash Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
Most of the time I prepare the spaghetti squash and combine with butter, salt and pepper, a little nutmeg and sprinkle with Parmesan. Any new ideas out there, you care to share? TIA

Spaghetti Squash Casserole

1 whole , Spaghetti Squash
1 cup(s) , Onion Chopped
2 large , Garlic Cloves Chopped
2 medium , Tomatoes
1/2 pound(s) , Mushrooms Sliced
0 to taste , Salt and Pepper
1 cup(s) , Cottage Cheese
1 cup(s) , Mozzarella Cheese
1/4 cup(s) , Parsley Chopped
1 teaspoon(s) , Basil
1 pinch , Dried Thyme
1 cup(s) , Fine Breadcrumbs
2 tablespoon(s) , Butter
0 to taste , Parmesan Cheese

Instructions:
Slice squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds.

Bake it face down on a buttered tray for 30 to 40 minutes or until easily pierced by a fork. Cool until ready to be handled. Scoop out the insides gently with a fork which will form into spaghetti strands. While the squash bakes, saute the onions and garlic with salt, pepper, mushrooms and herbs. When onions are soft, add freshly chopped tomatoes; cook until most of liquid is evaporated. Combine all the ingredients. Pour into buttered 2 quart casserole. Top with lots of grated Parmesan cheese. Bake at 375 F uncovered about 40 minutes

Chef_Jimmy said:
Spaghetti Squash Casserole

1 whole , Spaghetti Squash
1 cup(s) , Onion Chopped
2 large , Garlic Cloves Chopped
2 medium , Tomatoes
1/2 pound(s) , Mushrooms Sliced
0 to taste , Salt and Pepper
1 cup(s) , Cottage Cheese
1 cup(s) , Mozzarella Cheese
1/4 cup(s) , Parsley Chopped
1 teaspoon(s) , Basil
1 pinch , Dried Thyme
1 cup(s) , Fine Breadcrumbs
2 tablespoon(s) , Butter
0 to taste , Parmesan Cheese

Instructions:
Slice squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds.

Bake it face down on a buttered tray for 30 to 40 minutes or until easily pierced by a fork. Cool until ready to be handled. Scoop out the insides gently with a fork which will form into spaghetti strands. While the squash bakes, saute the onions and garlic with salt, pepper, mushrooms and herbs. When onions are soft, add freshly chopped tomatoes; cook until most of liquid is evaporated. Combine all the ingredients. Pour into buttered 2 quart casserole. Top with lots of grated Parmesan cheese. Bake at 375 F uncovered about 40 minutes

OUTSTANDING! Very unique. Thank you Jimmy. :)

The first time I ate spaghetti squash was 2 years ago. It was from my friend's garden, and she used lots of salt, pepper, garlic, and butter, fettucini style. She did the whole thing in the nuke.
It was delicious.

Constance said:
The first time I ate spaghetti squash was 2 years ago. It was from my friend's garden, and she used lots of salt, pepper, garlic, and butter, fettucini style. She did the whole thing in the nuke.
It was delicious.

That's how I usually make mine too, Constance. Sometimes with a little nutmeg. Yum.

pdswife said:
after it's cooked is it firm enough for a sauce?

Maybe a light sauce. Any sauc(e)y thoughts?

Last edited:
Haggis said:
How about simply pairing it with your favourite pasta sauce?

I have to go with Haggis on this one. It's good with a marinara or alfredo sauce .... but I like it best with lots of garlic infused butter and a touch of cream.

Back
Top Bottom