ISO uses for leftover mashed potatoes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Off the top of my head...boil potatoes in salted water, drain and mash or put through a ricer. Very coarsely shred cabbage and steam until tender. Add cabbage to cooked potatoes, add butter and milk, and salt and pepper to taste. Kinda like cabbage-laced mashed potatoes.:)

potato pancakes..

Add flour, and eggs with salt and pepper to taste and fry up some potato pancakes in a little olive oil. You have to work it a little at a time till it feels right.

How does one serve gnocchi?
We love it with brown butter and sage, top with some parmesan, we also serve some green salad and warm sourdough rolls..I know bread and potatoe we love it.You can also serve it with a Captains chicken or a veal stew all yummy
kadesma

Heeheehee...I started out with leftover salmon. No such thing as leftover mashed potatoes around here...Salmon croquettes, deep-fried and served with cocktail sauce and curry-tartar sauce. I'm having them right now. Yum.....

My Grandma Snarr used leftover mashed potatoes in her homemade potato yeast rolls. I will look for her recipe...they were SO good!

Potato Soup is definitely a good way to go as some have already said. Me, though, I would mix in some garlic, cilantro, and chipotle's and bake it in some bell peppers.

Back
Top Bottom