Least favorite veggie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kimbaby

Executive Chef
WHAT is your least favoritte veggie?

WELL mine is raw tomatoes,I can eat 'em cooked but not raw...
the other would be raw cabbage,love it cooked though.

I hate pumpkin so much it almost amounts to a pumpkin-phobia. Turnips are a close second, as an unfavourite.

Rhubarb. Cannot just abide the stuff even if it is stuffed into a pie with a lot of sugar and strawberries.

I love ALL vegetables! A lot of the ones you guys listed as your least favourites are some of my faves! I love raw cabbage, peas, brussels sprouts (i always hog the brussel sprouts at Thanksgiving... hehe), raw onion, tomato - i love them all!

I think if I had to choose one veggie that I didnt like it would be canned spinach. I love spinach raw, and cooked spinach is yummy too (if its cooked from fresh) but canned spinach is just.... unpleasant. :-p

Bitter melon is used alot in Filipino dishes. When my Dh cooks for me, my only request is, no bitter melon, please.

I can't think of a vegetable that I don't like if it is cooked properly and/or not canned. I can even enjoy some "tinned" veges if they are not dumped into a pan and boiled for another 20-30 minutes!

Lima beans, often (depends on the dish) cooked cabbage and bamboo (it's not so much the taste, but the woody texture - I usually pick them out of Chinese food). Actually I don't much like the texture of celery either, but enjoy the taste a lot. But all in all I just adore veggies! I thank my mom that she feed us so many from an early age onward, it really instilled a love of vegetables in me.

Piccolina said:
Lima beans, often (depends on the dish) cooked cabbage and bamboo (it's not so much the taste, but the woody texture - I usually pick them out of Chinese food). Actually I don't much like the texture of celery either, but enjoy the taste a lot. But all in all I just adore veggies! I thank my mom that she feed us so many from an early age onward, it really instilled a love of vegetables in me.
Try some celery root Piccolina, the taste is great, with a meaty texture instead of stringy and cruncy..I made some chicken salad with it, along with green onion, almonds, a light squeeze of lemon juice, mayo..We put into phylo cups and the rest we used for tasted sandwiches the next day..Yummy and I plan to put the celery root into some oil packed imported tuna..Should be good that way too.

kadesma:)

I like just about all veggies, althought okra, really makes me gag..But if it's battered and fried, I'll eat it..The rest, I eat anytime...I love summer when I can go out in the back and pick fresh sweet white corn, bring it in to a boiling pot and cook and eat.Nothing better..Veggies, dress em up or down, they are wonderful

kadesma:)

I have never been able to choke down beets. Otherwise, I have found that many of the veggies that I would not eat as a child are now some of my favs. And I do like very many veggies!!!

can't think of one I don't like; but if there is one, cooking it with bacon usually makes it quite nice thanks.

"I love all veggies" I thought to myself, before I read everyone's comments - I guess out of sight out of mind - so here it goes: all beans but green beans, collard greens, turnips, rhubarb, sauerkraut, cabbage, okra, canned or frozen spinach or aspargus (love the fresh though!), sweet potatoes and cooked peas. And I thought my son was picky with the veggies - I need to keep quiet when it comes to his eating:glare: .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom