Middle Eastern Stuffed Veggies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Siegal

Sous Chef
Hi Kaylee!
I love this forum that I discovered. As to the stuffed veggies, I am not really a recipe person, so if you like exact measurements I am sorry.
Meat version:
Core veggies/scoop out inside: tomato, carrots, zuchini, potato, pepper, etc
Ground lamb (or beef), finely chopped onion, toasted pine nuts
parboiled rice (whatever kind you like). How much rice to meat ratio is really up to you. Then season with salt, cinnamon, allspice, pepper, clove. Line the bottom of a pot (that is not very wide so the veggies are squashed next to eachother) with some carrot slices or whatever, and then put the veggies in and almost cover with broth and cook for like an hour with the cover on low.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
That "recipe" sounds great Siegal..........you cook like I do. :chef:

I will be using ground lamb for it, and my husband is really fond of pine nuts. This will be something different for us and I can't wait to try it. Thanks. ;)

All the dolmas I ever had were wrapped in grapevine leaves.

In the Armenian culture, what siegal described is a version of dolma - stuffed vegetables. The same filling wrapped in cabbage or grape leaves were call sarma. Mom used to make a combination at one time. We ate it with plain yogurt on top.

This is a common dish around that area of the world with variations in the seasonings and the names according to regional differences.

I think dolma just means stuffed. So stuffed grape leaves, veggies, but I may be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom