Need a do ahead dish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyndalou

Head Chef
I'm having a dinner party , 4 couples, on Friday evening and am grilling a leg of lamb, making Ina Garten's Potato-Fennel Gratin and want to have some asparagus. Does anyone have a do ahead, or at least prepare ahead and stick in the oven recipe?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Lyndalou

do ahead dish

lyndalou said:
I'm having a dinner party , 4 couples, on Friday evening and am grilling a leg of lamb, making Ina Garten's Potato-Fennel Gratin and want to have some asparagus. Does anyone have a do ahead, or at least prepare ahead and stick in the oven recipe?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Lyndalou
Lyndalou.
Untill recently I always cooked my asparagus in water...For easter, I roasted it in the oven, the evening before and then brought it to room temp to serve. This is what I did, washed and broke off the ends, you can cut if you like to make it look more even:) ..I then placed it on a cookie sheet, drizzled it with EVOO, and gray salt and fresh black cracked pepper. I put it into a 325 -400, oven for 12 minutes...Before serving I wrapped in prociutto, placed on my serving dish and poured over the oil that was left from the cooking pan. If not much is left, re-drizzle with EVOO, gray salt and pepper and serve.:D
kadesma

lyndalou said:
Thank you so much. I think I'll try that if I can get some decent prosciutto.
Lynalou, If you can't find proscuitto, you can use any type of ham, I've used plain oled boiled ham, I just have it shaved by the deli people..
kadesma:)

If you don't want to do the wrap, just roast the asparagus, serve them room temp dressed with some lemon juice, zest, and crispy toasted bread crumbs. Too easy! Maybe some toasted pine nuts or pecans, too?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom