"New" Potato Variety

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tinlizzie

Head Chef
At the supermarket this morning, I saw an addition in the produce dept. - a new variety of potato that states on the bag that it is lower in carbs. I think the name on the bag was "Sunlight" (might have been Sunshine, but I think it was the former). Has anyone else seen them or tried them? They were light-skinned, looking much like small Yukon Golds, still not as small as the "gourmet" potatoes sitting next to them.

Maybe Andy, but if you cut down on portion size and don't add butter, sourcream, frying oil, cheese, salt, etc...then take a fat-burning supplement, go workout for an hour, and flush it out with an 8oz glass of water...then you're good to go :angel:

Last edited:
Maybe Andy, but if you cut down on portion size and don't add butter, sourcream, frying oil, cheese, salt, etc...then take a fat-burning supplement, go workout for an hour, and flush it out with an 8oz glass of water...then you're good to go :angel:

Then the potato isn't worth it.

No carbs to speak of in butter, frying oil, salt, and only very few in cheese and sour cream.

Oh, I was referring to Andy's post that mentioned "low-carb diet"...."diet" suggesting weightloss...and those add-ons just add more obstacles to weightloss.
I guess I got off topic :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom