Onion Sandwich TNT Recipe? LOL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
okay, my dad used to love onion sandwiches, but I never paid any attention to them.:LOL:

It there a standard way to fix these things? What kind of onions, any dressing or plain? Do you eat onion sandwiches?:huh:

Beth my dad loved a sweet onion, sliced somewhat thick, two slices French bread, butter both pieces of the bread, next the onion, salt and pepper and eat..Me I like it with a thin layer of mayo and nice sweet ripe tomato, salt and pepper...on fresh Italian or French bread.

kades

My dad, a coal miner, topside, worked with a man they called "Big Red." He was a Polish giant type guy, who always smelled like garlic and still lived at home with his mother. He was also a sweet and gentle man, with a heart as big as all outdoors.
My point? He ate onions like apples. :ohmy:

Bermuda onion, one thick slice (for the "crunch"), on potato bread, slathered with butter on one slice and EVER SO LITTLE ketchup on the other, a little salt, plenty of cracked black pepper. And a glass of cold milk.

When i was a kid, I ate raw potatoes the same way, except thin-sliced, on Granny's white bread.

My father ate them also. Plain white bread, butter, a thick slice of onion. I didn't follow in his footsteps. :LOL:

I'm thinking this could be how my dad ate them. I think the onion was sliced thick, and I know he loved bread and butter.

I'm may try one some time:)

okay, my dad used to love onion sandwiches, but I never paid any attention to them.:LOL:

It there a standard way to fix these things? What kind of onions, any dressing or plain? Do you eat onion sandwiches?:huh:

I love onions, but I can't fathom a onion sandwich. Sometimes I think I crave a hamburger just for the onions.

Never thought of eating onion sandwiches, but why not? Last year I grew whopper sweet onions - beginner's luck - and always had far too much for a salad for two. Onion sandwiches have got to be the answer for the leftovers. Especially as I'll have had an opportunity to test the heat of the onion in the salad beforehand!

I'm not an enormous mayo fan though. Any ideas for dressings other than mayonnaise?

Back
Top Bottom