Panko & Parm Asparagus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Made this today. YUM! It doesn't look the same as Joey's, but boy was it good! :yum: Thank you, Joey. :)

img_1367672_0_3588b9c5e93ef04c4e1693d2dab6d083.jpg

I really love asparagus and will give this a go. I like asparagus just as it is, too, but also in different recipes. I do think it should be appreciated so I think it's more of a shame just to use it as a veg in meat and 2 veg, as a sort of after-thought).

Made this today. YUM! It doesn't look the same as Joey's, but boy was it good! :yum: Thank you, Joey. :)

img_1369379_0_3588b9c5e93ef04c4e1693d2dab6d083.jpg

You did a fine job Cheryl. It's a shame too many people only like them steamed, they don't know what they are missing! I would rather eat them, then french fries.
PS: They look better then mine.

Last edited:
You start with uncooked asparagus correct?

I ONLY microwave steam my asparagus. I clean and rinse them, then place them in a container, nothing added to them at all, cover and steam just till tender crisp. I steam just about all my veggies this way including corn on the cob. Veggies have enough moisture none is needed. There are several exceptions - I DO added water to steam artichokes and I boil taters for mashed.

You start with uncooked asparagus correct?

I ONLY microwave steam my asparagus. I clean and rinse them, then place them in a container, nothing added to them at all, cover and steam just till tender crisp. I steam just about all my veggies this way including corn on the cob. Veggies have enough moisture none is needed. There are several exceptions - I DO added water to steam artichokes and I boil taters for mashed.

I blanch them for 1 minute, then into an ice bath. Place them in food saver bags and freeze. Pull them out when needed.

Back
Top Bottom