Parmesan Lemon Potatoes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
Parmesan-Lemon Potatoes

1 1/2 lbs potatoes (4 medium)
1/4 cup butter, cut into 4 equal pieces
1-2 cloves garlic, minced*
1/2 tsp dried crushed thyme
1-2 tbl grated onion*
lemon juice*
2 tbl Parmesan cheese, grated*

Peel potatoes and slice 1/4" thick, dropping slices into bowl of cold water as you go to prevent discoloring.

Line 15x10" jellyroll pan with foil. Distribute butter, garlic, thyme & onion over foil and heat at 450, just until butter is melted. Stir to blend.

Drain potato slices and dry on paper towels. Arrange potatoes over butter mixture, turning to coat both sides - and overlapping as necessary. Bake at 450 for 15 minutes.

Remove from oven & drizzle w lemon juice. Sprinkle w Parmesan cheese. Return to oven & bake until golden & edges are crisp, about 10 minutes longer. Makes 4 servings

*The amounts are approx on the onion, parm, garlic, lemon juice. Eyeball it, & use as much or little to suit your taste. I made this with salmon & lemon/butter/dill & roasted asparagus with butter & a spritz of lemon juice. So... I used about 1 1/2 -2 small lemons over all.

Now this is another very nice way to worship the potato.

I wonder if it matters about cutting the butter up since it's just gonna melt anyway, but that is a minor quibble.

Kudos, mish.

Thank you, Poutine, mudbug & VeraBlue. Hope you will give it a try. MB, you're probably right... duh. My thinking was, it's a pretty big sheet pan.

Last edited:
That sounds fabulous Mish!! I think it would be terrific with chicken or fish (which is what we eat most of the time)!! Thanks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom