Potato Pancakes TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deeppitbbq

Cook
Potato Pancakes

6 potatoes
1 egg
1/3 cup onion, diced
3 tablespoons flour
1 tsp. salt
1/4 cup butter to cook in

Grate potatoes and put in a mixing bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients except the butter. Melt the butter in a pan and form the potato mixture into patties. Fry until the patties are done.

Thanks for the reminder to cook some potato pancakes! :LOL: It's been so long since I've had them - I have saved your recipe and hopefully in the next couple weeks they will be dinner......with a little applesauce :chef:

Deeppit,
I've never made potatoe pancakes, but your recipe looks delicious..This will be a nice treat for my family. Thank you for the idea and the recipe.

kadesma:)

I usually wrap the potatoes in a clean towel and sqeeze like crazy to get out as much liquid as I can. Then I add the rest of the ingeredients and fry them. They are great.

MMMM love me some tater cakes. Another useful tip- try grating your potatoes into a bowl and when you are done grating, fill up the bowl with ice cold water. Stick the bowl in the fridge for a few minutes while you prep and cleanup. Remove and strain, pushing all moisture out and then do the paper towel trick. The cold water heps reduce the starchiness.

Back
Top Bottom