Potato patties with meat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I had some leftover mashed potatoes and leftover steak..I diced the steak and added it to chopped onions and garlic that i was sauteing in evoo and a little butter. I took some of the mashed potatoes in my hand and made a little pocket in them, I added a large dollop of the drained meat onion mixture and enclosed it and made a pattie. I then rolled in flour, dipped it in egg and then into french bread crumbs . I then fried them in a mix of again butter and evoo to a light browm..I kept them warm in the oven til I finished them..Served with a tossed green salad and some spanish sauce on the side...Great lunch, now DH gets two steak sandwiches instead of one..I'm as full as a tick and so is daughter , grandson and mother:LOL: Plus the glass of vino I had has me noddin off :LOL:
kadesma

sounds yummy, kads! i might try this for lunch day after tomorrow. i have a ribeye thawing for tomorrow and i figure there will be leftovers. think i'll grind it first and also add sage. i add sage to almost anything savory i cook.:rolleyes:

man that sounds good kadesma!!!! reminds me of jamaican meat patties...was the spanish sauce spicy hot???

Kadesma, that brings back good memories of my mom's potato croquettes. She used flour, egg and cracker crumbs and I ate them with catsup.
Every time I've tried to make them, they fell apart. Wonder what I did wrong?

buckytom said:
man that sounds good kadesma!!!! reminds me of jamaican meat patties...was the spanish sauce spicy hot???
Hi Bucky, sorry not to have answered til now...Had a house full and just now got a chance to come say hi. The spanish sauce wan't hot as I didn't add the 1/2 jalapeno it called for, but I'd bet tit would better wit it in there. I'll post the recipe tomorrow if you'd like to have it.
Happy Fourth:LOL:
kadesma

Constance said:
Kadesma, that brings back good memories of my mom's potato croquettes. She used flour, egg and cracker crumbs and I ate them with catsup.
Every time I've tried to make them, they fell apart. Wonder what I did wrong?
Hi Constance,
my gramm use to do that too. I loved them. I never could get them to work for me either. This recipe is the first time everything stayed in one piece..I might have had them to dry with flour and should have use a little more egg..
Hope your fourth is Happy and Safe.
kadesma:)

luvs_food said:
sounds yummy, kads! i might try this for lunch day after tomorrow. i have a ribeye thawing for tomorrow and i figure there will be leftovers. think i'll grind it first and also add sage. i add sage to almost anything savory i cook.:rolleyes:
Thanks luvs:) Ribeye and sage HUmmmm sounds good to me. I like the taste of sage. Sorry not to have answered sooner, we've been up to our arm pits, with putting in new furniture, and having a family reunion of sorts here...Today I snuck away from everyone and came here:LOL:
kadesma

Back
Top Bottom