Potato skins question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chile Chef

Sous Chef
If I have only 3 potatoes that will make only 6 skins, How long in the oven just for the potatoes skins?

I just want to cook the skins, I've alrwady made the filling and I have a cheese fondue set to keep the cheese melted!

Well...

You have to bake them first. Either in the oven for about an hour, or the microwave til soft, but not too soft. I rub them w/ oil and sprinkle with coarse salt. I always scoop out the potato, leaving an even amount of potato around the edges. Then I either do twice baked w/ butter, sour cream, bacon and chives mixed with scooped out potato, or I have just put cheese and bacon in the shells and served w/ sour cream and ranch. Either way, once they're stuffed just pop em back in the oven to heat and melt cheese.

What are you putting in them?

You have to bake them first. Either in the oven for about an hour, or the microwave til soft, but not too soft. I rub them w/ oil and sprinkle with coarse salt. I always scoop out the potato, leaving an even amount of potato around the edges. Then I either do twice baked w/ butter, sour cream, bacon and chives mixed with scooped out potato, or I have just put cheese and bacon in the shells and served w/ sour cream and ranch. Either way, once they're stuffed just pop em back in the oven to heat and melt cheese.

What are you putting in them?
If I do them in the oven, How many degrees should the heat be, maybe 300, 375?

How do these look everyone?

537322499_QeU4G-M.jpg

537322458_V8DGE-M.jpg

537322533_onnLE-M.jpg

537322562_6UBUi-M.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom