Potatoes Anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do my X2 baked potatoes by cutting them horizontally instead of vertically. It is then easier to sit them in a muffin tin for the second bake. The next time use a grapefruit spoon to scoop out the potato. Works like a charm. When I am doing the 2X bkaed ones for a big meal and company, each potaot gets an individual addition. A couple sour cream, some shredded cheese, chives, etc. I put all the scooped out potatoes in one bowl, mash them, then add separately the rest of the ingredients in a smaller bowl. :angel:

Huh, cutting the potatoes horizontally is an interesting idea. I cut them lengthwise because I like to pick the whole thing up and eat it skin and all. I usually do mine the same way though, just mash them all together in one bowl.

Huh, cutting the potatoes horizontally is an interesting idea. I cut them lengthwise because I like to pick the whole thing up and eat it skin and all. I usually do mine the same way though, just mash them all together in one bowl.

I cut them that way mainly so I can utilize a muffin tin for the second bake. They sit nice and tall and get a nice crisp skin and top. :angel:

I cut them that way mainly so I can utilize a muffin tin for the second bake. They sit nice and tall and get a nice crisp skin and top. :angel:

I usually put tinfoil directly on the oven rack and use the wire rungs to hold my lengthwise potatoes upright :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom