Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyndalou

Head Chef
The other day someone mentioned the above in one of the forums. I can't remember which one. I started searching the archives for a recipe, but became frustrated as they seem to list recipes, chat, etc. all together in no particular order. Can someone please let me know how to prepare this deish?
I am presuming that it's fairly simple, but would like to know how you people do it.
Thanks

lyndalou, here's otter's recipe:

Since the Prosciutto is quite thin and would be overcooked if left in for the same time as the asparagus, I put the asparagus in boiling water for about 3-4 minutes and then blanch in ice water. Then I wrap the Prosciutto around the individual serving-sized bunches and put in a 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes (you can also add a nice soft cheese if you wish). Cooking times quoted will vary slightly depending on how thick the asparagus is and how well done you want it). I prefer the blanching method for two reasons: 1). the spears aren't hot when you are wrapping them and 2). blanching keeps them a nice, bright green. For a more detailed description, other options and pictures do a Google search for "prosciutto wrapped asparagus.

and kadesma's:

I roast my grass, in a 400 oven about 12 minutes, I like the crunchy as does my family, before roaating I drizzle with EVOO, sprinkle with gray or coarse kosher salt and cracked black pepper..After roasting I let them come to room temp wrap with the procuitto, then place on my serving platter, add more evoo and salt and pepper if needed I then shave some parmesan over the whole thing..but I think I'll try shaving some fontina over them next time..Should be yummy.

and elfie's:

Proscuitto-Wrapped Asparagus W/Goat Cheese
1 clove garlic
1 TBS chopped chives
3 tsp red-wine vinegar
½ TBS Dijon mustard

Spread piece of prosciutto with goat cheese, then cut in half and wrap 3-5 pieces of blanched asparagus (depending on size) with the ½ piece of prosciutto. Place in a single layer on a plate and pour sauce over proscuitto and serve.

Last edited:
You can use either roasted or steamed asparagus. Lay the prosciutto slice flat then roll the asparagus stalk in it. Voila!

If the aspargus is really thin you can bundle a few together, then roll like I did here ...

99101677.jpg

Bufckytom and Hanart, Thank you both, I will make some this weekend. What an elegant dish. Can't wait.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom