Q? stuffed Anaheim pepper on flame

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

legend_018

Head Chef
I recently fell i love with stuffing aneheim peppers and cooking them briefly on top of my gas stove (right on the flame). I just cut the top off and stuffed it the best I could. One time it was bacon, fried eggs and cheese and another time it was goat liver pate and boursin cheese.

of course this was easy when the peppers were big enough. It doesn't work too well when the peppers are on the smaller and skinnier side.

My biggest problem is how do you enclose it so that the stuff doesn't drip out. I tried a very long bamboo type of stuck but it caught on fire. Luckily for me - not too much dripping has occurred since I don't leave it on the flame for too long and use my tongs to hold it i place sometimes so I can turn it.

Any ideas, send them my way.

I have't really had any problems with dripping, but was figuring there got to be a way to hold it together so it doesn't drip if things inside are more drippy. I watched someone do it with just cheese inside o tv, but I can't remember if they had anything keeping it together. I have literally only been keeping it there for minimal time, kind of the same as direct flame on a grill.

Okay. The thing for me is, flames are unpredictable and the grill is not inside the house. I really can't think of anything non-flammable you could wrap it in.

The broiler idea sounds like a good idea to me. Using an open flame in that manner seems to me an accident waiting to happen no matter how careful you are. How about using a bamboo skewer to weave the two top sides together. Like you would if you were using a basting stich in sewing. If you only have long skewers, break them in half and use the pointed end of each half. :angel:

got a suggestion to cover toothpicks with tinfoil. hmmmm must try. : )

I've roasted poblanos over the burner before, then put them in a baggie to steam. I couldn't imagine trying to cook anything stuffed this way, but I admire your resourcefulness.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom