"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Vegetables
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-31-2008, 09:35 PM   #21
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cicero, IL
Posts: 5,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol-blue View Post
They sell them in a jar in the delicatessen section of some supermarkets.

Substitution for Pepadews are red Anaheim chilies if that helps.
Yes it does help, thanks! It will be a couple of days until we next go out shopping, but when we do I will make every effort to get this stuff and give it a try, and will let everyone know how it works out!
Maverick2272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:40 PM   #22
Sous Chef
 
Ol-blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bremerton, Washington
Posts: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick2272 View Post
Yes it does help, thanks! It will be a couple of days until we next go out shopping, but when we do I will make every effort to get this stuff and give it a try, and will let everyone know how it works out!
Great....We will be waiting.
Ol-blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 04:41 PM   #23
Traveling Welcome Wagon
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere, US
Posts: 15,716
Wow, just when I think I have seen every possible way to fix potatoes, I find two new potato recipes in one day at DC! This looks great!

Barbara
Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 04:55 PM   #24
Sous Chef
 
Ol-blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bremerton, Washington
Posts: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
Wow, just when I think I have seen every possible way to fix potatoes, I find two new potato recipes in one day at DC! This looks great!

Barbara
I know what you mean.
Ol-blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:39 PM   #25
Sous Chef
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: N.E. Ohio
Posts: 836
Wart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 10:02 PM   #26
Sous Chef
 
Ol-blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bremerton, Washington
Posts: 902
That looks really good Wart.
Ol-blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 10:40 PM   #27
Sous Chef
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: N.E. Ohio
Posts: 836
Thanks.

I made three patties and one egg.

Was going to save Wife a patty.

Ummm ..... Nope.
Wart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 11:44 PM   #28
Head Chef
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Des Moines Iowa
Posts: 1,213
I like your idea very well and will make some soon like tomorrow>:-)
__________________
Cook with passion or don't cook at all
Dave Hutchins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 12:24 AM   #29
Sous Chef
 
Ol-blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bremerton, Washington
Posts: 902
It will have to try it soon Wart.

Dave Hutchins, I hope you enjoy the potatoes.
Ol-blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:59 PM   #30
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cicero, IL
Posts: 5,093
OK, my wife gave me a treat today: Pepadews! I made the potatoes tonight, and everyone agreed they were great just as is with no toppings. Adding the toppings made them better, and the sauce was awesome, not overpowering. They agreed you didn't need the topping for them to be great, but it was good with it.
Thanks Ol-Blue for the recipe, it was great! A new favorite way of making potatoes :)
Maverick2272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:04 AM   #31
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
Wow, just when I think I have seen every possible way to fix potatoes, I find two new potato recipes in one day at DC! This looks great!

Barbara
I'm with ya girlie!!! Yea!
sattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:45 AM   #32
Sous Chef
 
Ol-blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bremerton, Washington
Posts: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick2272 View Post
OK, my wife gave me a treat today: Pepadews! I made the potatoes tonight, and everyone agreed they were great just as is with no toppings. Adding the toppings made them better, and the sauce was awesome, not overpowering. They agreed you didn't need the topping for them to be great, but it was good with it.
Thanks Ol-Blue for the recipe, it was great! A new favorite way of making potatoes :)
You have a nice wife...How did you make the sauce? I have to agree with you, these are my favorite way to fix potatoes now. Thanks for letting me know.
Ol-blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:50 AM   #33
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cicero, IL
Posts: 5,093
I started with a cup of sour cream, then added a dry white wine until it got to a consistency I like (I used less than 1/4 cup, but not by much, I didn't want it runny I like sauces thick), then added in the Pepadews. Didn't cook it or heat it, just served it up that way, dolloped on the top of the potatoes.
I think we all agreed that next time we would put a dollop on the side instead of putting it directly on the potatoes.
Maverick2272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:57 AM   #34
Sous Chef
 
Ol-blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bremerton, Washington
Posts: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick2272 View Post
I started with a cup of sour cream, then added a dry white wine until it got to a consistency I like (I used less than 1/4 cup, but not by much, I didn't want it runny I like sauces thick), then added in the Pepadews. Didn't cook it or heat it, just served it up that way, dolloped on the top of the potatoes.
I think we all agreed that next time we would put a dollop on the side instead of putting it directly on the potatoes.
Great...I'll have to find some Pepadews and try it now. Thanks!
Ol-blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
None

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.