Rec. Loaded Baked Potato Salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
Loaded Baked Potato Salad

4 pounds potatoes, peeled
1 pound bacon, crisply cooked, and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces (*fat reserved, if desired)
4 ounces unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup chopped green onions
2 cups grated or shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
salt, to taste

Cook whole potatoes in boiling, unsalted water until tender. Refrigerate until chilled, then chop into one-inch pieces.

Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl along with the remaining ingredients and thoroughly combine. Add some of the reserved bacon fat if desired.

Chill at least 2 hours before serving. Adjust the seasoning prior to serving.

*I omit the bacon fat.

Thanks, tG. It's a great picnic/take-along/camping dish. Hope you enjoy :)

I can quite literally feel my mouth salvating as I read this recipe - yummm! I am sending to my folks right away, they will love it to bits - thanks, Mish :)

mudbug said:
mishers, can't I reserve just a leedle of the bacon fat??????

You can have mine, muddie.:) I try to keep the fat to a minimum, but I bet it would add flavor. Not a recipe for the dieters :LOL:

Last edited:
Piccolina said:
I can quite literally feel my mouth salvating as I read this recipe - yummm! I am sending to my folks right away, they will love it to bits - thanks, Mish :)

YW, Piccolina. Don't you like potatoes?

mish said:
YW, Piccolina. Don't you like potatoes?
Hi Mish, no I love potatoes to no end! If I could I would dive right into this glorious looking salad, but I'm watching what I eat...I may try to invent a lower fat version, with all the insperation credit going to you, Mish :)

Back
Top Bottom