Red Potatoes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm... not knowing what you usually do...

Potatoes Au Gratin
Vichyssoise
Parboiled and served with a lemon-dill-butter sauce

Roast them coated with olive oil and oregano and s&p, garlic, the drizzle with fresh squeezed lemon juice to serve

Smash 'em with blue cheese

thanks, Auds. I'm thinkin' maybe I'll do gratin, in individual dishes (got some nifty ones). Got plenty o' cheese, some half and half. Should go well with steak.

You could cube them (1/2") and toss them with olive oil and any combo of herbs or seasonings you like including:
kosher salt
pepper
chili powder
cayenne pepper
garlic
rosemary
dill
parsley
old bay
blah, blah, blah...you get the idea--you're a good cook! ;)

thanks for the ideas and compliment, PA B. My usual dish is one similar to what you suggest - cubed, oiled, S+P'd, garlic'd (garlicked?), rosemary'd, and roasted.

Here's another recipe for a different potato dish--I'm trying it this weekend. Parsley Leaf Potatoes: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/recipe_views/views/108748

It's too bad they don't have a picture of it on line, as the presentation is what makes it such a nice change. Imagine a halved potatoe, roasted golden with a flat parsley leaf in the center of the cut side. It sort of reminds me of those leaf pressings we'd do in elementary school. OK, I don't do it justice trying to describe it, but it's a nice variety!

Sigh.....daughter begged piteously for the usual. (Hey, at least she's eating fresh rosemary.)

PA Baker, I remember a very old Frugal Gourmet episode where he recommend splitting a baker, inserting a bay leaf, tying the halves together, and then baking to impart a nice flavor to the taters. Sounds similar to your suggestion. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom