Roasted Eggplant/Garlic/Tomato Salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just beautiful..will have to try this next weekend..Thanks
kadesma

Your dish looks lovely, Lee. Saved to memory. Thanks for sharing. We must be on the same eggplant wavelength. Put this Turkish Eggplant with Tomato & Garlic Sauce pic on my fridge, as a reminder to make as a cold side, over bruschetta, part of an antipasti or smoosh over rigatoni.

Eggplant with Tomato & Garlic Sauce - Fine Cooking

Hey Lee, I've been getting more eggplants lately.

For one dish I sliced the eggplant long ways 1/4" thick, sauteed with salt, pepper and olive oil until just brown. I made a relish-like topping using diced tomato, diced roasted red pepper (from the olive bar at the super market), shallot, white wine, marsala, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt & pepper. I simmered the mixture until it broke down and became a little thick and spooned it on top of the eggplant. Served with thick cut pork chops with a mushroom topping.

I did another one last night sort of the same way using different chili peppers from the garden that I roasted on the grill, onion and garlic. Served with a red wine and rosemary marinated london broil.

Looks great!

Jeekins, your creation looks much like the recipe that amy posted - mmm MMM!!

And, as also stated in her recipe, the flavor of the salad I made was MUCH better 2 days later!

(We definitely need a forum just for eggplant! :))

Lee

Jeekins, your creation looks much like the recipe that amy posted - mmm MMM!!

And, as also stated in her recipe, the flavor of the salad I made was MUCH better 2 days later!

(We definitely need a forum just for eggplant! :))

Lee
I could go for that..eggplant YES!!!!
kades

Back
Top Bottom