Snow Peas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
We've had a very mild spring this year, and I took a chance and put out some snow peas. About one year in five we are able to grow a few, as it usually turns off too hot and burns them up. But this year, they are lush, green and loaded with blooms. I picked the first batch yesterday, and here's how I fixed them (minus the ones I crunched straight out of the garden):
I picked through the peas and strung the larger ones, melted a couple tbls of butter in the saute pan, added the peas, a pinch of sugar and a tsp salt. I let them cook on med/high heat until they deepened in color, squeezed a little fresh lemon juice over the top, covered and turned down to a simmer for a few minutes. They were still crunchy, and so sweet and delicious!
I wish I could share them with y'all! :)

Sounds perfect to me! Peas are one of my favorite. Paul has some growning in the garden. Can't wait for picking time!

Constance I swear you can see me at my desk drooling over these recipes because you keep adding new delicious sounding ones. I love snow peas, but have never had the courage to cook them. Also haven't even dared try to grow them here.

mmmmm, constance, i love a good fresh snow pea. my favorite way of making them is simply stir frying them in peanut oil with lots o' garlic and a little onion, finely sliced, then a splash of soy sauce and lemon.

Last edited:
I love these!!! My favorite is either thrown into a big salad, or barely stirfried till they're warm, but crunchy with thin strips of beef or chicken.

Back
Top Bottom