Solution for too much salsa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
I made about a gallon of salsa last week. We ate a bunch, and I froze a little bit, but I didn't peel the tomatoes, and have my doubts about how satisfactory the frozen stuff will be.
So this morning when I cleaned out my fridge, I realized today was the 6th day for the stuff, and it was either pitch or use immediately. I put the salsa in the nuke and cooked it uncovered until it was all thickened and bubbly, about 20 minutes at 5 minute intervals. Then I ran it through the food mill, and came up with some good thick & spicy sauce to add to my chili next winter.

Good thinking Constance...I'd use some of it as a mix with a pasta salad too.

kadesma:)

I like your solution, Constance. I'm thinking a cup or so wouldn't hurt in a big pot of vegetable soup, either. That would work even for the portion you froze.

Great idea Constance! I am in the same situation as you right now. I think I will do the same thing tonight.

great idea! also wonderful over meatloaf, or in a spicy stew or soup of some type.

I also love salsa on various egg dishes for breakfast lunch or dinner.

I've done a similar thing too - I've poured my leftover home made salsa over chicken breasts and baked it @ 350 till juices run clear. It's quite tasty, and the jalepeno mellows out just enough. When serving, I top it with slices of avocado and a bit of shredded jack cheese.

Back
Top Bottom