Spaghetti Squash With Tomatoes, Basil, And Parmesan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
A friend introduced me to spaghetti squash last summer, and I really liked it. She did hers with LOTS of butter, garlic and parmesan. This recipe is a lot lighter.

SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH TOMATOES, BASIL, AND PARMESAN

Ingredients:
3 lb. spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise, reserving one half for another use, and the seeds discarded
2 tbsp. olive oil
1/4 c. shredded fresh basil leaves plus additional for garnish
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
3 tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan
1 c. thinly sliced cherry tomatoes

Directions:
In a glass baking dish arrange the squash half, cut side down, pour 1/4 cup water around it, and cover this dish tightly with microwave-safe plastic wrap. Microwave the squash at high powder (100 percent) for 12 minutes, or until it is soft when pressed, and let it stand, covered, for 3 minutes. In a large bowl whisk together the oil, 1/4 cup basil, oregano, and 27 of the Parmesan, stir in the tomatoes, and season the mixture with salt and pepper. While the squash is still warm scrape it with a fork to form strands, add the strands to the tomato mixture and toss the mixture until it is combined. Divide the mixture between two bowls, sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon Parmesan over it, and garnish with the additional basil.

sounds delish, and would be outstanding ona low fat high fiber diet. cooking that fresh you never miss the nonos.

Constance, my daughter loves spaghetti squash and has refused to eat it lately as she is dieting, trying to lose those last pounds after the birth of her last child..I'm going to surprise her with this recipe. I'd always dumped on the butter and parmesan, and this looks even better. We both love basil and tomatoe so I thinkthis will be a treat for her. Thanks for sharing.

kadesma:)

I have fixed spaghetti squash in the past preparing it the same way I would a pot of pasta spaghetti and it came out really good.

My grandmother used to just fry it in a skillet of butter with lots of salt and pepper and that too is good.

Back
Top Bottom