Stuffed Avocados

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you, Kay.

It was
1 can drained corn
1 can drained black beans
1 seeded tomato
onion
cilantro
1 TBS chili powder
1 TBS cumin
pinch s&p

The avocado was just EVOO and lemon juice, then grilled.

Thank you, Kay.

It was
1 can drained corn
1 can drained black beans
1 seeded tomato
onion
cilantro
1 TBS chili powder
1 TBS cumin
pinch s&p

The avocado was just EVOO and lemon juice, then grilled.

Oops! I think I posted under the wrong person. Sounds super! Thanks for posting.

You know, I really need to get around to trying rare tuna. Seriously pac, that is a photo for the food photos thread. Hmmm, I keep telling people that. Apparently I like photos of food. :D

I was a teenager living in California when I first had an avocado, and it was love at first bite. I've read that only this or that variety of avocado is good, but now that I've globe-trotted a bit, I love them all. I've even given people avocado lessons at my local grocery store (not formally, just people being puzzled who I helped)

Thanks. I got the recipe from a hunting show where they cook up their harvest at the end. It was one of those see foods. I saw it and had to try it :LOL:
Just like the rare tuna, Purple. I saw AB cook it on a charcoal chimney, so had to give it a try. I've made it several times now. IMO you need the dipping sauce though. The seasoned crust will only take you so far. You can see the rest of this cook's pics here http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/tgi-friday-june-24th-whats-cooking-73160-5.html

Oh there's all kinds of things in the produce department that I haven't eaten, let alone know what they are even called :LOL:

Sis on you :LOL: You must eat your fruit and veggies!!!!!
I have a few meats and fish I've never tried but only because we don't get them in SA or because they are really expensive. Fruit and veg also just because we don't have them in SA.
Still want to try Dragon Fruits, Kale (We have Swiss Chard and Spinach), Orange sweet potato, and Jack Fruit. Maybe others I haven't heard of yet too.

The second avocado is also ripe, so I took the other half of yesterday's and chunked it up into the shrimp gazpacho. It's divine.

The latest avocado is still not ripe.:mad:

I added about 4 oz. of lump crabmeat to the shrimp salad and am eating it plain.

I've got lots of salad left to use up, so I'm thinking the shrimp and crab salad made into patties and coated with Panko for some shrimpy crab cakes.:chef:

I still have some crabmeat and lots of shrimp for another salad. If the avocado will ever ripen.

Last edited:
Yes, put it in a brown paper bag! It'll be ready tomorrow. I've gotten good at buying "today, tomorrow and the next day" avocados. Haven't mastered a fourth day one, yet.

Oh, this isn't stuffed, but in the same theme, one thing that is always a hit as an appetizer is a rather firm (ripe, mind you, but firm) avocado, sliced, then as you might see done with a cantaloupe, a sliver of proscuitto wrapped around each slice. Rare tuna? I'd go with poke (raw tuna marinaded salad) if you can get good quality.

Better yet put a banana next to it, it helps ripen the fruit. It gives off ethylene gas that speeds up the ripening of other fruits.

I put my unripened peppers into a gallon baggie and do that. It makes them ripen nicely! Nanners seem to give off more gas than any other fruit or veggie!

Well the last avocado was looking spotty so I went ahead and cut it open. Grayish streaks throughout. I'm done with the avocados this season. Two went bad out of three.

Shrek keeps eating all the avocados before I get home...I'm going to have to sneak one in.

Big green dummy...hey! he is avocado green...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom