Stuffed Peppers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonnyjonny_uk

Senior Cook
Stuffed peppers with potato wedges and tomato sauce​

img_846574_0_7d3ab63d5d3ba9ab04718ed1d03e05c7.jpg

Ingredients:

2 yellow peppers de-seeded

Wash and slice the top off the peppers being careful to leave the stalk in tact for decoration later. Deseed the peppers making sure no seeds are left inside. Cut the removed top of the pepper in half for decoration.

For the potato wedges:

4 potaoes washed and quartered
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper

Wash and quarter the potatoes and in a bowl combine all the ingredients and toss the potatoes in the oil. Leave covered in the fridge for 10-15 minutes. Cook in a pre-heated oven at 200c for 30-45 minutes or until golden brown.

For the sauce:

1/2 onion chopped
2 cloves garlic chopped
1 can of tomatoes in juice
6 basil leaves chopped
pinch of salt
1/4 stick of butter
1 tbsp oil
pinch of sugar

Finely chop the onion and garlic and add to the hot oil with the salt and sugar. Fry for approx 5 minutes until onions are translucent and soft.
Add the canned tomatoes and chopped basil leaves and leave to simmer for approx 45 minutes or until the tomatoes have gone to a puree consistency.
Leave to cool for a few minutes and then pour into a blender with the butter and whizz to a smooth consistency.
Set-aside to re-heat later in a saucepan to serve.

For the garnish:

Chopped fresh parsley

For the stuffing:
300g mince
2 packets boil in the bag rice
1/2 onion chopped
Grated cheese
1 tbsp oil
2 cloves garlic chopped
salt & pepper

Finely chop the onion and garlic and add to the hot oil with salt & pepper. Fry for approx 5 minutes or until onions and soft and translucent.
Add the mince and paprika and fry until browned and mixed properly with the onion and garlic.
Boil the rice until aldente and once drained add to the frying pan with the mince and mix thoroughly and cook for 5 minutes. Set-aside to stuff the peppers when ready.

Spoon the stuffing mixture into the peppers and top with a spoonful of the tomato sauce. Arrange in an ovenproof dish and cover. Cook in a preheated oven at 180c for 45 minutes. Uncover the peppers and sprinkle with grated cheese and cook for a further 15 minutes or until cheese has melted. If necessary brown the cheese under the grill for colour. Spoon some of the heated tomato sauce on top of the cheese and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Arrange the potato wedges on the plate and sprinkle with chopped parsley. More tomato sauce can be drizzled on the top of the peppers or on the side of the plate if desired.

Looks & sounds lovely!

Although definitely just personal preference, when I make stuffed peppers I slice them in half lengthwise. They're much more stable, you can mound the filling up nicely, & they are MUCH easier to eat.

Just a tip - not a criticism.:)

Looks & sounds lovely!

Thanks very much :)

Although definitely just personal preference, when I make stuffed peppers I slice them in half lengthwise. They're much more stable, you can mound the filling up nicely, & they are MUCH easier to eat.

Just a tip - not a criticism.:)

That's a very good idea :) I must admit it made for a good photo but when it came to eating them the filling just falls everywhere :LOL: Thanks for the tip :D

Yeah, I found that out the hard way too - lol! I just loved the way upright stuffed peppers looked, but outside of presentation, doing them lengthwise made for much easier eating.

But I must say again - your photo op is very impressive.

Yeah, I found that out the hard way too - lol! I just loved the way upright stuffed peppers looked, but outside of presentation, doing them lengthwise made for much easier eating.

But I must say again - your photo op is very impressive.

Thanks very much BC :D Next time I make them I'll halve them and we can compare photos :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom