Stuffed Zucchini?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

attie

Sous Chef
3030264401_815ae29dfa_m.jpg
Bwwhahahaha!!!!!!! I stole this out of the garden belonging to one of my staff early this morning [but she caught me sneaking off with it :angel::angel:]
It's 15" long so I think we should scoop the seeds out and stuff it with :-
The left over mashed potato in the fridge mixed with
Dry grilled coarse ground beef
Ground bacon
Sliced mushrooms [or] sliced tomato over the top -- which one????
Shredded cheese over that
Then baked in the oven
Sound OK ?????

Well, I had some progressive photos but my skills let me down again. I had to trim the beast to fit in to the pan, then I discovered I had made way to much filling so I laid the halves together and made one big dish. Then I couldn't find the cheese grater so I had to slice the cheese. Then I couldn't remember how to work the convection oven --- but I finally got it going ---- except I had short changed the cooking time ---- so I had to cook it some more --- so I worked it out that it takes 25 minutes @ 200C for this dish ----- and hey presto here we have it.

Not to bad eh?
3031776864_f71ddcff55.jpg

Make that 35 mins
Dinner is done---and it was very-very nice

Actually that was a cheap meal
Zucchini = $0 - but the big ones are usually cheap if you need to buy them
1lb mince
1/4lb bacon
2 med spuds
a bit of cheese
a couple of shallots
all up less than $10/$12 to feed 4

I think the deal with that dish is to not over cook it, had I done so it would have collapsed in a heap with the zucchini going to mush and ruin the meal, so I am very pleased with the end result.

I usually stuff giant zucchini with a mixture of ground beef, peppers, onions, mushrooms, tomato sauce and rice.

I like your version a lot, attie! Good job!

Lee

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom