Stuffings For Green Bell Peppers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
My neighbor has brought over a huge bag of Green Peppers. Here's the dish. Hubby has never liked my recipe for them. It was the usual ground beef, cooked rice, onions, seasonings, sauce.
I thought it was kind of boring to :LOL:

What kind of fillings do you use?
I have plenty of ground pork, chicken, beef, chorizo.Veggies, lemons. Cheddar, mozz, parm, sour cream.

What to do? He's paranoid to try them again.:ROFLMAO:

Thank you.

Munky.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kathleen makes wonderful stuffed bell peppers.. she uses.. umm.. ground beef, rice, onion.. errmmm.. tomato... uh...well.. I love em. :)

Hmm. Just some thoughts, I haven't tried these:

Mexican with rice, chorizo, and salsa, maybe some black olives and cheese, top with sour cream

Thanksgiving, with chicken, Stovetop type stuffing and gravy

Greek, with ground lamb or beef, lemon sauce, rice, feta, Greek seasoning

Italian, with sausage, olives, marinara, parm, mozz, onion, garlic, lots of ground fennel seed and oregano

I usually freeze a lot of peppers.

Last edited:
well, anything goes. sub sausage (italian) or the chorizo for more flavor. try various fillers instead of rice such as stuffing mix (think thanksgiving) quinoa, spelt, bulgar wheat, small pasta. make sure you've seasoned the food well. cook peppers become dull if not seasoned. Soy sauce works well. ground pork, garlic ginger, green onion, finely chopped cabbage, and soy sauce is the basis for Chinese dumplings. That would make a great stuffed pepper.
leftover chili would be good!
experiment and let us know what works for you and yours.

FrankZ said:
Kathleen makes wonderful stuffed bell peppers.. she uses.. umm.. ground beef, rice, onion.. errmmm.. tomato... uh...well.. I love em. :)

I, too, can't imagine not loving them! :yum:

I made a stuffed pepper pie one time, I'll see if I can find the exact recipe if you'd like...

Basically you cut the peppers into quarters and steam them to soften them.
Mix the ground beef,rice, onion, basil, oregano, and egg.
Lay the peppers in a pie plate then top with the beef mixture, then tomato sauce then top the whole thing with mashed potatoes and bake.

I stuff cubanelle or red Italian sweet peppers with Italian bread soaked with some water, ,evoo,marjoram fresh or dried, lots of garlic, salt and black pepper parmesan, or Romano cheese fresh grated, 2 ripe plum tomatoes celery with the leaves Italian parsley fresh now the Ugh part 8 oil packed anchovy fillets rinsed and chopped 1 can pureed plum tomatoes 32 oz., basil leaces chopped 1 cup of buttered bread crumbs. it's a little different. Let me know if interested and I'll post for you. I'm sure this would be great in bell pepper but I'm par boil them first or even cut in half and bake This is great with just a hunk of Italian bread, but goes great with pork roast or just grilled steak or chops of some sort.
kades

Last edited:
Sign me up Dave. Pie! oh my.! The Brevillians are watching. Keep em' coming. :LOL: Just talked with her.She will be sending more over real soon. I'll need all the help I can get.

It's nice, my front door step is now a drop off produce section. I don't even have to go to the store. I've been getting all kinds of goodies.

I've gone with the Chorizo. Will post pics and my experiment recipe in just a bit. So far so good..

Thank you.

Munky.

I stuff cubanelle or red Italian sweet peppers with Italian bread soaked with some water, ,evoo,marjoram fresh or dried, lots of garlic, salt and black pepper parmesan, or Romano cheese fresh grated, 2 ripe plum tomatoes celery with the leaves Italian parsley fresh now the Ugh part 8 oil packed anchovy fillets rinsed and chopped 1 can pureed plum tomatoes 32 oz., basil leaces chopped 1 cup of buttered bread crumbs. it's a little different. Let me know if interested and I'll post for you. I'm sure this would be great in bell pepper but I'm par boil them first or even cut in half and bake This is great with just a hunk of Italian bread, but goes great with pork roast or just grilled steak or chops of some sort.
kades

Hiya Ma,

I'd love to have the recipe. When you have the chance.
Were going to break that Man's Pepper Phobia :ROFLMAO:

He asked me after he ran to the sink. " Honey, where did you get that recipe?" I looked right at him, straight faced stare. "Well, I got it from your Mother dear" So much for his always blessing her Bell Pepper recipe. :LOL: Yeah, I had a good laugh on that.

Munky.

My favorite bell pepper stuffing is leftover jambalaya. If you don't normally make jambalaya, get yourself a box of Zatarains, some shrimp and some chicken or andouille sausage and make some special for the peppers.

I love stuffed bell peppers. My usual go-to is either ground beef or sausage, onions, garlic, rice, and tomato sauce. I usually cut the peppers in half into 'boats' to hold the stuffings and roast for about half an hour.

Lots of new inspiration here to try it differently. Thanks, guys! :yum:

Hiya Ma,

I'd love to have the recipe. When you have the chance.
Were going to break that Man's Pepper Phobia :ROFLMAO:

He asked me after he ran to the sink. " Honey, where did you get that recipe?" I looked right at him, straight faced stare. "Well, I got it from your Mother dear" So much for his always blessing her Bell Pepper recipe. :LOL: Yeah, I had a good laugh on that.

Munky.
I bet you did. I'd be in face pain from the laughing:ROFLMAO:
This is good but I also made up on for poblano peppers with onions, small diced potatoes, bread crumbs, garlic,parsley ,bread crumbs it's nummy but no measurments just abouts
On this one I use 6 red or green Italian peppers bu the small bells will work, 1. remove seeds and cut peppers in half the long way.
2 take 2-1/2 inch slices of Italian or French bread put the bread quickly under cold running water, Squeeze out excess water. Then tear into small pieces and set aside.
3 -beat 3 large eggs, 1 Tab. of evoo, 1 tea. dry or fresh majoram or Italian oregano 2 out of 5 cloves of garlic crushed,and fresh crushed balck pepper you decide on amount.Put this in a large bowl, Mix in the diced tomatoes 2 ripe plums,1/2 cup par or romano fresh grated,1/4 cup of parsley leave a 1/4 cup for later,2 Tab. fresh chopped Italian parsley, 8 chopped anchovy fillets,and the 2 slices of bread we set aside,Now mix in the bread crumbs.1cup unseasond,
4-Stuff the peppers with this mix.
5-Heat 1/4 c. evoo in large skillet add the remaining crushed 3 cloves of garlic in a med heat just til the garlic starts to turn golden add 1 can of 35 oz. tomatoe puree the remaining 1/4 c. celery, 6-8 leaves of chopped fresh basil and simmer til thickened about 15 - 20 min Here I add a little butter and pour this over the peppers making sure the peppers are flat then cover and simmer 45 min. Serve hot.
kades

white chicken-already cooked
mushrooms
jack cheese
sauteed onions and pepper tops
green onions
whole milk or cream
fresh rosemary and thyme

stuff and cover with crushed tomato and mozzerella

40 min at 400

Thanks Ma,
Can't wait to try your recipe out. Sounds fantastic.
Maybe I'll make up an excuse to pay my neighbor a visit. I do owe her Grandson some soap. He gives my GR his used baseballs. He won't take my money he's more into bartering- Holds out for the good stuff. Smart kid!:LOL:

P.S.
My face was hurting, cheek to, from biting it. Oh, it's hard snickering alone. It was sooo funny though. :ROFLMAO:

Munky.

I'll Keep Trying... Keep Em' Comming Ppl :)

Do I ever need a Tums tonight. Here's what I did. It was a bit spicier then I'm used to. Whoa!!

Chorizo Stuffed Bell Peppers

3 Large Green Bell Peppers
2 Tablespoons of Bacon grease
1 Lb. Fresh ground Chorizo
3 Large Cloves of Garlic- minced
1 1/2 Cups of Cooked Rice- Set aside
Chedddar Cheese- Shredded
1 Large Roma Tomato- Sliced
Fresh sliced or jarred Jalapenos- Topping.

1 Cup Chili Sauce- Reserve some for coating the bottom of the pan.
Chili Sauce: Made ahead of time. Set aside.

1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 teaspoons of Knorr chicken or beef bouillon
1 teaspoon chili flakes
2 teaspoons of Chili Powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons of onion powder
2 teaspoons Dried Onions
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon paprika
2 cups of water

Add all the dry ingredients to a medium sized saucepan. Mix it all up.
Slowly add the water to the mix.
Heat until it comes to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer about 30 minutes.Adjust the seasonings if need be.If it's too thick additional water can be added.
Remove it from heat.

Cut the bell Peppers in half.Remove the seeds. Brush the insides with the bacon grease.Place them in a baking sheet.

In a skillet cook the Chorizo with the minced Garlic until it's fully cooked.

Preheat the oven @ 350

In a bowl mix the Rice with the Chorizo. Add enough Chili Sauce to fully incorporate it through the mix. Stuff the Peppers. Dollop a little more sauce on top.Finish it off with the Tomatoes, Cheese & Jalepeno's.

Cover with a foiled tent. Cook for 30 minutes.

img_1158452_0_40d297c89eb450f842c963dcd04d30d5.jpg

img_1158452_1_c378feb2a18b1ea18327d16e46a43c7b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom