Here's a favorite easy recipe for a summer side dish. We had it tonight with our grilled chicken, so thought I'd share.
It would make a wonderful vegetarian main dish.
It's so tasty!!!
- 4 cups sliced summer squash, any combo, sliced in 1/2 in cubes.
- 1/2 cup fine chopped onion
- 35 Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
In a buttered 9x13 pan, combine squash and onion. In a baggie, crush the crackers and combine with the grated cheese. Mix the eggs with the milk, melted butter, S&P. Pour over the squash and mix in 1/2 the cracker/cheese mix. Top the whole thing with remaining cracker/cheese mix and dot with butter. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes till golden and bubbling.