Sweet Potato Casserole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
6 lg.sweet taters,bake the potatoes in A 375 oven for about 40 min. or til tender.turn oven down to 350. mash the taters adding 1/4 lb. of soft butter,1/2 cup of light cream and 1/2 cup of Madeira. Add 1/2 tea of cinnamon and salt and nutmeg fresh ground now add 1 Tab fresh grated zest of an orange place in a buttered baking dish Dot with more butter and sprinkle with chopped pecans or walnuts and bake for 25 min.
enjoy,
kades:yum:

Topping

I use a very similar recipe. The only thing different is that I make a topping with chopped pecans, flour and butter. It makes a really nice crunch

I made one last week that had diced sweet potatoes, apples and onions. It was almost a hash but then I mashed them all together and put a topping on it. Very good ... pretty sure I'll be seeing that one on the Christmas table.

I love my stove top version with bourbon and brown sugar.:yum:

I made one last week that had diced sweet potatoes, apples and onions. It was almost a hash but then I mashed them all together and put a topping on it. Very good ... pretty sure I'll be seeing that one on the Christmas table.
Soulds good Kat. Care to share?
kades

Back
Top Bottom