T&T Carrot-Potato Whip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*amy*

Washing Up
I have made this dish more years than I can remember ;). (May have shared it here w/i another thread, i.e. Thanksgiving etc.) It's so simple, & tasty too.

4 lg potatoes
4 lg carrots
1 large onion
salt & pepper to taste
half & half
butter

Peel potatoes, carrots & onion & cut into large chunks. Boil the taters & carrots till tender.

While the carrots & potatoes are cooking, saute (caramelize) the chunks of onion in butter in a skillet. You can slice the onion into rings if you wish, but I like chunks of onions. Mash potatoes & carrots w a potato masher, adding salt & pepper & half & half - to desired consistency. I like mine fluffy.

Stir the chunks of onions into the carrot/potato mixture & add a few pats of butter, to taste. The potatoes should take on a nice orange hue.

Last edited:
It's funny you mention this because when I was a kid, my parents would make mashed potatoes, cooked carrots and onions, and then I would take all three and mash them together on my plate, delicious! My parents used milk in the mashed potatoes, but half and half would be great, extra creamy and light.

Your welcome Ladycook. Enjoy. :)

Amber, glad to hear you like the combo as well. I use to put peas on my mashed potatoes (like a bird's nest) & a dollop of sour cream on top. Still like them that way. Real comfort food.:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom