The humble potato

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm Russian, need I say more. There are hundreds ways of making potato and I like all of them. Of course I make the best mashed potato there is, but that is topick of a diferent thread.

BreezyCooking said:
Poutine - I've always wanted to try Poutine. Do you have a favorite recipe for it you could share?
I normally buy my poutine at restaurants. :blush: (I am normally too lazy to get out the deep fryer and make gravy at the same time.)
My favourite place for poutine in Edmonton serves it with green onions on top and I don't even normally like onions.

Make French fries (cut fat) with soft fresh cheese curd (you can use mozzarella in a pinch) over the top, then pour "brown" gravy (I don't know what white gravy is but it sounds wrong to me - I assume it is an american thing). The gravy should be dark and peppery - the gravy is the most important part IMHO.

I have not tried this specific recipe yet but is sounds very good Poutine II - Recipes - Food Network Canada

If you look at this funny video from the CBC on poutine you will hear the proper pronunciation of Poutine by a Québécois (specifically around 5 minutes into the video).

Last edited:
BreezyCooking said:

The white cheese curd (hopefully you can buy less than 5 lbs unless you are feeding your neighbourhood poutine);) - fresh cheese curd will squeak when you bite it.
Definitely nothing with any flavourings!:sick:

Back
Top Bottom