TNT green bean/Pancetta and onion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
These are so good we love them.
1lb. of green beans cooked crisp tender, Dry the beans well after cooking then cut into bite sized pieces. In large skillet cook I diced small onion,1/2 cup of diced pancetta,2-3 cloves diced garlic,2-3 tab. chopped fresh flat leaf parsley, and 2 fresh chopped sage leaves in 2-3 Tab. evoo over med heat for about 10 min. Then add your beans and several pinches of salt.Cook til just heated through Serve hot. I could eat this alone with some buttered bread and some ice tea or coffee.
kades

Sounds great, kades. I have done something similar without the pancetta. It's going on my grocery list right now.

Sounds great, kades. I have done something similar without the pancetta. It's going on my grocery list right now.
I use Pancetta because I don't care for the smoked bacon and Pancetta is smokeless.I find it in the deli section already diced, but can buy oh say 1/4 of a pound, then dice it myself.
kades

I use Pancetta because I don't care for the smoked bacon and Pancetta is smokeless.I find it in the deli section already diced, but can buy oh say 1/4 of a pound, then dice it myself.
kades
Isn't pancetta a lot more expensive than bacon? It is here.

Isn't pancetta a lot more expensive than bacon? It is here.
Not really. I buy just a small amount so It doesn't pinch to much. But you can use reg. bacon just blanch it forabout 2 min this will lessen the smokiness some.
kades

Back
Top Bottom