TNT: marinated zucchini/courgette, taste of the Mediterranean sunshine!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

urmaniac13

Executive Chef
This is an excellent accompaniment for either roasts, grilled fair or outdoor bbq fest, or with a crusty slice of bread for light meal!! It is a bit tedious frying the numerous thin slices of zucchini, but this is so delicious, well worth the effort for a special dinner/luncheon:chef:

600-700g (1-1/2lb, circa) zucchini (courgette), not too fat
frying oil (something light, sunflower, corn etc.)
2 cloves of garlic, minced.
2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
good quality evoo
salt

Using mandolin or similar tool, slice up the zucchini very thin, in small circles.
Heat up the oil and fry the slices, to make something of zucchini crisps.
Dry the slices well on a few layers of paper towel.
Place them in a large bowl, toss with the garlic, balsamic vinegar, evoo (as much/little as preferred) and salt (see the amount for evoo).
Let it stand for at least half an hour to let the flavour settled in.

*An option for those who are conscious about the "deadly odour" of raw onion... you can either roast the clove or sautè the minced garlic in a small amount of olive oil before tossing in.

**I found it suffice to use a type of oil that is less costly to fry up the veg, then add the drizzle of good olive oil. As the real high quality evoo tend to lose its distinctive aroma while being cooked, they are at their best when served uncooked.

Thanks Licia,
I have to try this it looks so good I can almost taste it now:) Thanks for another great idea.

kadesma

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom