Totally surprised by instant spuds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff G.

Head Chef
I have had instant mashed potatoes, the type you cook down from flakes or buds. Generally... they are just OK.

I ate a friends house and his wife fixed some from a pouch, add 2 cups cold water and microwave for 3 or 4 minutes.

I couldn't believe it.... they were actually good. VERY light, fluffy, nice flavor.. They were a 3 cheese mashed and were more than just passable... The would have been a terrific stuffer for pirogies.

Signed..

shocked by instants....

I have had instant mashed potatoes, the type you cook down from flakes or buds. Generally... they are just OK.

I ate a friends house and his wife fixed some from a pouch, add 2 cups cold water and microwave for 3 or 4 minutes.

I couldn't believe it.... they were actually good. VERY light, fluffy, nice flavor.. They were a 3 cheese mashed and were more than just passable... The would have been a terrific stuffer for pirogies.

Signed..

shocked by instants....

Do you remember the brand?

ahem miss KE...
I do recall you almost shunning me for having potato flakes in the house not too long ago!!
Tell me you're not gonna give in!

I think they're great to have on hand for an instant non-flour thickener, or to "save" a batch of the real deal that maybe got a little over-creamed. I think I've even coated chicken and fish with those flakes.

as for flavor on their own, are you sure your friend didn't YUM them up a bit with cream and butter for you?

Signed..

shocked by instants....

:shock: Someone hijacked Jeff!

Idahoans, by any chance?

I've been talking them up here for a year. Fantastic instant potatoes, in a variety of flavors!

Lee

ahem miss KE...
I do recall you almost shunning me for having potato flakes in the house not too long ago!!
Tell me you're not gonna give in!

Moi?Je ne parle pas anglais, il ne pourrais pas avoir été moi ! :blush:

Svp, acceptez ces fleurs pour le malentendu :flowers:

:glare:

Moi?Je ne parle pas anglais, il ne pourrais pas avoir été moi ! :blush:

Svp, acceptez ces fleurs pour le malentendu :flowers:

:glare:

:LOL::LOL: Thank goodness for bablefish. I would be wondering all day about this. I don't understand a lot of english myself here in Texas:ROFLMAO:

I looked for the Idahoan at the grocery this morning ... the reds and 4-cheese were sold out. I just grabbed the butter flavor, my girls can doctor them up. They like a little something after school sometimes, and this is something they can easily do themselves with little mess.

Thanks Jeff!

I called and asked.... the brand is "Idahoan"
Qsis definitely called this one right.

Oh, I watched her cook them. Water in a bowl with the powder.. microwave..

I hope Paul McCartney doesn't hear about them. I don't know if I could take another video of him making mashed potatoes, even instant. :wacko:

Back
Top Bottom