Turkey for Vegetarians

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

norgeskog

Washing Up
I just posted this under the Holiday forum, but thought in case anyone here is a vegetarian or has one comming to a holiday dinner. My daughter is a vegetarian. Last year I discovered Tofurkey in slices. I used two slices, put a spoon of stuffing (made with No Chicken Broth) and rolled it and placed seam side down in a baking dish, and topped with gravey made with the same broth, sprinkled with herbs and paprika. She said it was great and everyone at the table had to try it.

I also stuffed acorn squash with rice, pine nuts, raisins, onions, celery, pecans, and mixed with a slightly beaten egg and topped with breadcrums mixed with melted butter.

Hubby and son are both vegetarians - I've done the Tofurkey 'roast', and also 'Quorn' makes a 'roast' that they like even better.

marmalady said:
Hubby and son are both vegetarians - I've done the Tofurkey 'roast', and also 'Quorn' makes a 'roast' that they like even better.

Thanks marmalady. I saw the 'roast' but she did not want me to get it as she did not want that much. I will look for the Quorn label, do not remember seeing it.

marmalady said:

Thanks marmalady. I saw the 'roast' but she did not want me to get it as she did not want that much. I will look for the Quorn label, do not remember seeing it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom