Twice baked sweet potatoes rec:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
All my family love sweet potatoes. Finding new ways to fix them is iffy..I myself love a twice baked potato so many things can be used to stuff them, sooo, we tried this and we all enjoyed it. I served it with ham, green beans and bacon, biscuits and honey.

12-small sweet potatoes
corn oil to rub potatoes with
8-oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4-c. packed brown sugar
1/2 stick of soft butter
2-Tab. sherry
1-1/4 tea. salt
1/2 tea. pepper
1/2 c. coarse chopped pecans
Prick the potatoes and rub with corn oil. Arrange on a baking sheet. Bake at 375 1 hour or til tender;reduce heat to 350. Cool potatoes slightly. Cut a thin strip from the top of the potato.Scoop out the flesh leaving shell intact. Beat the sweet potato flesh in a mixing bowl til smooth, I just mashed and mashed with a fork. then switched to the mixer for the rest. Add the cream cheese, brown sugar,butter,sherry, salt and pepper. Beat til blended, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Spoon filling into shells Sprinkle with the pecans, You can now refrigerate up to 2 days covered in refrigerator.
Arrange the stuffed sweet potato shells on a sheet sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake 30 min or til heated through.
makdes 12 servings
enjoy,
kadesma:)

mudbug said:
we love sweet potatoes too, kadesma. this looks great -- and I like the rest of the meal too.
Thanks Mudbug,
It's kind of a homey, comfy meal that all of us enjoy now and then.

kadesma:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom