Veggie Side Dish Suggestion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larry_stewart

Master Chef
Was home alone today and bored, so I decided to go to the market and browse.
Made a few impulse - buys.
Snap Peas
Baby assorted color carrots
Thin Asparagus

I want to use these veggies to make some sort of side dish for tonights dinner, which will be tomato soup with tortellini and Cherry/ grape Tomatoes topped Focaccia.

My initial instinct would be either a quick sauté with either garlic and oil or maybe a buttery/ lemon kinda sauce.

That being said, Im open to new, different, other suggestions with these 3 ingredients ( Im not going out again, so Im willing to add to these ingredients, but only if I have it on hand).

I would also do a quick saute perhaps seasoning with lemon or better - balsamic vinegar, parsley, loads of cracked pepper and perhaps some fresh thyme if you have it. I would also pay attention to timing on this. Carrots need a little more time in the pan then asparagus and then finally snap peas.

Your menu sounds great - sign me up ;)

Sounds great, Larry, both your menu and the ideas for a side dish.

Something I often do for a side dish of veggies is stir fry them, then at the end, stir some of my nam prik pao in - a simplified version (shallots, garlic, and hot peppers, caramelized in oil) I always have in the fridge, that goes with many cuisines, not just Asian. But when someone that can't eat hot is eating, I sometimes use one of two other Thai flavorings, also added at the end - crispy shallots or crispy garlic. These are made the same way, caramelized in oil, and the flavor is delicious.

I would saute in a mixture of olive oil, and butter, seasoned with Rosemary, ana d a touch of lemon, through a light dressing of Hollandaise sauce would work with them as well. I maybe would saute some freshly minced garlic in with them . Just another suggestion.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom