What are your 3 favorite veggies and favorite ways to do them?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fresh greens beans with fresh garlic & cashews.

Baby carrots baked with butter, brown sugar & maple syrup

Fresh vegetable stir fry with white wine, soy sauce & fresh lemon.

Broccoli steamed and covered in gravy
Baby carrots steamed covered in butter
Cauliflower steamed then covered in cheese sauce

My favorite things are the things I can't get year round.

Garden fresh tomatoes--in a BLT, or sliced thick between two slices of toasted whole wheat bread, mayo and S&P.

Mushrooms--in everything, we don't grow them.

Avocados--sliced in sandwiches, or soaked in lemon sprinkled with salt and eaten by themselves.

I like almost all vegetables--okra, not so much.

Summer Mediterranean: Eggplant, Tomato & Zucchini

Cool post ...

I love tomatoes, eggplant and zucchini ...

Winter: leek, tomato, radicchio & rocket ( arugula ) & cavolo

Have lovely summer,
Margaux

Top of the list, mushrooms! Next is broccoli. After that it's harder to choose. I've gotten to really like zucchini. I also love onions.

Brussels Sprouts, roasted or sauteed
Mushrooms, if those count as vegetables, satueed or on pizza
Potatoes, fried/mashed/baked/au gratin/you get the idea.

If mushrooms don't count, then onions because they're so necessary for so many things as an ingredient.

Last edited:
asparagus on the griddle,brussels sprouts fried up with smoked bacon,potatoes any way you like....especially the spuds we grow @ bolas's:yum:
'taters are the best imho!

Grilled asparagus. I'd live off of it if I could afford to (Pricey these days in my opinion!)
Green beans. Love to throw them in a veg chilli, or just dip them in salsa... Yummm...

Now here's the tough one. Number 3... Can't decide between cauliflower or broccoli... Do I have to choose???

Grilled asparagus. I'd live off of it if I could afford to (Pricey these days in my opinion!)
Green beans. Love to throw them in a veg chilli, or just dip them in salsa... Yummm...

Now here's the tough one. Number 3... Can't decide between cauliflower or broccoli... Do I have to choose???
no 3? i'll do it for you kez.....cider:wacko::LOL::ROFLMAO:!!

only if you drink at least 5.....litres of course!! right,i'm off to get some work done,seez u laters!!

Of course 5 litres, when it comes to alcohol is there a measurement other than litres??? ;):LOL:

Yes go and get some work done, you have to earn your booze!

I am going to earn mine by whipping up a meal for my family tonight. Serious role reversal in our house! :rolleyes: ;)

Of course 5 litres, when it comes to alcohol is there a measurement other than litres??? ;):LOL:

Yes go and get some work done, you have to earn your booze!

I am going to earn mine by whipping up a meal for my family tonight. Serious role reversal in our house! :rolleyes: ;)
nah i get mine on prescription.....love the nhs me!
enjoy your meal tonight,let us know what you cook kez...tarra luv!

nah i get mine on prescription.....love the nhs me!
enjoy your meal tonight,let us know what you cook kez...tarra luv!

Knew the NHS would come in handy one day, I must look into setting up a repeat prescription, I can even collect it at the tesco near my house! :rolleyes: ;)

Will do Harry! Enjoy the rest of your day. Looks like the rain is about to hit us hear in Leeds, must dash to the supermarket before it starts pouring.

Catch you later!

eggplants :

papoutsakia = grrek recipe translated as little shoes. grilled eggplants filled with minced meat saucea nd topped with bechamel sauce

moussaka

and eggplant deep, melitzanosalata

i also like eggplants in a stew with beef or just garlic plums and tomato sauce

Brocoli - Tastes fantastic with anything salty such as anchovies, bacon, soy-sauce. Also great with chilli and garlic panfried.

Egg Plant/Aubergine - Lamb, Apricots - what a combo. But Basil with goats-cheese is awesome too.

Since its summer - Watermelon. Goes fantastic with goats-cheese but a vietnamese twist would be with a green chilli, corriander and lime dressing plus some really fatty sweet bbq pork.

Back
Top Bottom