What is this and how do I cook it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It probably would. I have to say that the reason I don't care much for Spaghetti Squash is because of it's "crunchy texture". However, you've given me food for thought - it just might make an excellent Asian-style cole slaw! Thanks!

it's a squash. cut in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds etc. steam it in the oven for twenty or so minutes (cause it's big), then continue cooking (roasting) with olive oil and seasonings, or steam for almost 45 and remove "meat", mash and whip with butter and nutmeg salt and pepper. yum

You can also cut into serving size "boats" and stuff them with anything you like from sausage and stuffing mix to chili to rice or bulgar wheat and aromatics and roast. Again the size says to me to par cook it with steam...(water in a covered casserole, squash on a rack)

you can also skin and seed it and cut into cubes or chunks and roast along side a chicken in the oven with other veg. or make soup...squash is versatile

What texture does that have? I could see it as a side dish to a nice piece of salmon. Is it like cole slaw?

My son thinks it is yellow rice, if that helps answer the question. I bet it would make a fine cole slaw.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom