What to do with fingerling potatoes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For me fingerling potatoes scream to be doused in a little olive oil, salt and pepper and some finely chopped rosemary, then roasted till tender and yummy.

And here's my potato salad - just perfect for Memorial Day or July 4th barbecues (but good anytime).

Breezy Red, White, & Blue Potato Salad
(adapted from a recipe by Alton Brown)
Makes approximately 4 servings

One 1-pound bag of mixed fingerling or baby potatoes (I like the “Melissa’s” brand), or, if purchased separately, approx. 1/3-pound each of white/yellow, red, & purple/blue baby or fingerling potatoes
2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar or cider vinegar
Approx. ¾ cup mayonnaise, or to taste
½ teaspoon dry ground mustard
Approx. ¼ cup chopped fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley
Approx. 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves
1 garlic clove, peeled & minced
1 shallot “clove”, peeled & minced
6 Cornichon pickles, roughly chopped
1 small or ½ a large celery stalk, chopped
Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste

Wash potatoes, place in a pot with water to cover by a couple of inches, & bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer & cook until potatoes are tender when pierced with a sharp knife – approx. 15 minutes. Drain & set aside until cool enough to handle, then cut potatoes into bite-size pieces/slices.

In a bowl large enough to hold finished salad, combine all remaining ingredients well. Gently fold in potatoes & serve immediately, or chill in the refrigerator as desired.

I skimmed over the answers and if I'm stepping on someone's toes, apology. Mom always cooked any "baby" potatoes in butter ... not really frying, more slow cooking. I add a little olive oil to keep the butter from burning if it gets too hot. Then, when soft, turn up the heat a bit, and toss in a hand full of your favorite herb. Toss and serve.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom