Zucchini again TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I'm sure you all are sick to death of zucchini but here is one more to try.Preheat oven to 350

Take 1-1/4lb of chopped zucchini,chop finely set aside, Beat 4 eggs, and add 1/4c. flour,and half of the 1/2c. of parmesan, also add 3 Tab. fresh chopped parsley,3 tab. chopped green onions,1 minced clove garlic,1-1/4 tea. salt,3/4 tea. dry oregano 1/4tea. pepper Stir in the zucchini Pour mixture into 1-1/2 qt. casserrole. Cut 18 cherry tomatoes in half and arrange them cut side up over the zucchini. /sprinkle with the rest of the cheese. Bake uncovered for 30 min. or til hot and bubbly.
This is great with grilled chops or even ribs add a green salad and dig in:)
kadesma

Last edited:
Going to try that thanks

Here are my favorites

Zucchini Relish Recipe
Makes about five pint jars
Ingredients:
12 cups freshly cut zucchini
4 cups chopped onion
2 red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
2 Poblano peppers, seeded and chopped
1/3 cup pickling salt
2 1/2 cups white vinegar
2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 tablespoon tumeric
2 teaspoons nutmeg
4 tablespoons prepared horseradish
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Directions for combining ingredients:
1) In a glass or stainless steel bowl, combine zucchini, onions, red bell pepper, Poblano peppers and salt, cover and let stand in a cool place for 12 hours or overnight. Transfer to a colander placed over a sink, rinse with cool water and drain thoroughly. Use your hands to squeeze out any excess liquid.
2) In a large stainless steel saucepan combine drained zucchini mixture, vinegar, sugar, tumeric, nutmeg, prepared horseradish and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and boil gently for about 45 minutes until mixture thickens.
3) Prepare canner, jars, and lids.
4) Ladle hot relish into hot jars, leaving 1/2 inch of headspace. Remove air bubbles, wipe rim, center lid on jar, screw band down until resistance is met and then increase to fingertip-tight.
5) Place jars in canner, ensuring that they are completely covered with water, bring to a boil and process for 10 minutes, remove canner lid, wait 5 minutes, then remove jars, cool and store.

ZucchiniCasserole

Saute Together until softened and then remove from heat
6 cups thin sliced zucchini
1 cup chopped onions
1 stick of butter (or margerine)
Add to vegtable mixture :
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup as is from can
(cream of celery, cream of chicken will work also)
1 cup shredded sharp cheese (Xtra sharp good also )
Mix together (not according to pkg directions)
stove top stuffing mix for chicken or turkey and the seasoning pkg together.
(nothing else - you are just using the dry bread and sesonings)
Note: Depending on if you buy stove top brand or a store brand the seaoning package might already be mix in
place 1/2 of the stuffing mix in bottom of a casserole dish
add the vegtable mixture
top with remaining stuffing mixture
Bake 350 20 - 30 min uncovered

2 cups shredded zuchhini
2 eggs beaten
1 cup Italian flavored bread crumbs
1 tbl melted butter
2 tsp ol bay seasoning
1 tbl chopped parsley
1 small onion chopped
mix altogether and pan fry on medium heat to light brown on each side

Letscook, Thanks for the recipes. The relish sound wonderful as does the casserrole and the zucchini cakes. I have quite a few and had to freeze some so now I have several more new recipes rto try. Thanks again.
kadessma:)

I like to halve zucchini lengthwise, then brush or toss with olive oil and seasoning. Then I pop it on the grill before I put the "main course" (in our house meat). Put in a bowl. Often I do other veggies (eggplant, onions). When I cut them all up I add a garden tomato. Mom calls it "Claire's ratatouille".

My husband loves it when I julienne anything, and I'll make Asian-inspired salads (to include kimchee) using zucchini (courgettes for some).

To me the true secret to this vegetable is making sure you buy (or harvest if you're growing them) young enough. I went to my farmers market and the smallest one was almost a foot long! To me they're only good when very young and firm, not mushy and seedy.

I like to halve zucchini lengthwise, then brush or toss with olive oil and seasoning. Then I pop it on the grill before I put the "main course" (in our house meat). Put in a bowl. Often I do other veggies (eggplant, onions). When I cut them all up I add a garden tomato. Mom calls it "Claire's ratatouille".

My husband loves it when I julienne anything, and I'll make Asian-inspired salads (to include kimchee) using zucchini (courgettes for some).

To me the true secret to this vegetable is making sure you buy (or harvest if you're growing them) young enough. I went to my farmers market and the smallest one was almost a foot long! To me they're only good when very young and firm, not mushy and seedy.
Claire,
I'll give this a try I really ;ove veggies grilled and we grill a lot. Thanks for the idea. Can't wait.
kades

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom