Zucchini, that time of the year again!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larry_stewart

Master Chef
I know this thread pops up annually about this time of the year. With my 6 zucchini plants beginning to flower, I just want to get myself prepared for the endless amount of zucchini's Ill be dealt with. I dont necessarily want to rehash all the previous threads about zucchinis, But I guess what Im asking is if anyone has come up with any new ideas, recipes, uses for zucchinis since last year. Im sure ill be making soups, zucchini bread, quiche, zucchini parmesan hero's, stuffed zucchinis ..... Just looking for a few new ideas.

larry

Send me some. Mine all got powdery mildew already and are dying. I'm going to try some new plants in another part of the garden.

Make zucchini chips, dehydrated kind, not the fried appetizer type.

Do you have a dehydrator? I sliced some zucchini's up last summer and made chips with them. You can spice them up anyway you like. Italian, hot & spicy flavors were pretty good. Easy to do.
Clean, take off the skin. They are a little tough if left on. Slice, spice up and dry until they are crisp. Mine took about 4 hours if that to dry. Great chips for ranch or sour cream type dips. I kept them stored in mason jars.

Munky.

No recipe but how about some zucchini haiku?

Zucchini sleeps not
Divides, spreads and covers the land
Squashes veggie joy

Dinner was zucchini, cooked in evoo,salt,pepper,sliced onion,garlic, when the zuchini was softened, I added 6 beaten eggs,parmesan cheese, topped it all with grated swiss cheese let the cheese melt and served. We had salad and warm sour dough bread and butter and ice ea. It was so good. Tomorrow I'm going to make zuchini bread.yummers
kades

Thanks for this thread! I have 1 plant in my front yard, put it there as a lark, and it is actually growing! I might get a few zucchs from it...

I am the gardening anomaly, I plant zucchini and kill it nearly every year. I LOVE having my friends and neighbors give me their extras. Gotta say though, my fave way to have it is just lightly grilled with a sprinkle of s&p and a shot of soy sauce before serving. I'd eat it everyday if I could.

I've got lots of zuchinnis from the garden and can't consume them fast enough.
I like the idea of dehydrating them & turning them into chips. Can I simply place the sliced pieces and spread them on large baking pans?
I just built an outdoor brick oven which can hold temp for days and would like to take advantage of this residual low heat.

maybe use a rack on top of the pans so the air can flow underneath as well

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom