1000 Island Dressing/Elias Bros Big Boy restaurant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LAJ

Senior Cook
1 cup mayo (not Miracle Whip):chef:
2 tablespoons chili sauce
1/2 teaspoon Accent flavoring
2 drops freshly squeezed garlic juice
3 tablespoons catsup
pickle relish to taste

Mix all ingredients and chill.
Enjoy on sandwiches and burgers

I like adding minced onion and capers. I use tomato paste instead of chili sauce and catsup, then it isn't so sweet. I also use finely chopped garlic dill pickles instead of relish, but that's because the relish here is a disgusting dayglo colour. No MSG in mine.

On this recipe I dont add anything since this is the original recipe and everyone raves about the sauce. The little bit of MSG in ACCENT doesnt bother me. Not something I eat every day.

On this recipe I dont add anything since this is the original recipe and everyone raves about the sauce. The little bit of MSG in ACCENT doesnt bother me. Not something I eat every day.

Accent is 100% MSG, I think.

I use MSG a lot (not Accent) but even to me a half teaspoon of Accent to a cup of mayo sounds like an awful lot. I'd use a tiny pinch.

I haven't been to a Big Boy in 30 years!! I used to love them.

I don't use MSG except for this recipe. I know the newer studies on MSG seem to indicate that it is not healthy for those who have high BP/heart conditions, etc. But, ok once in a while for the rest of us. The same as using salt. (I don't know. I just don't use it except here.)

Home Made Mayonnaise or Ali Oli

Buon Giorno, Good Morning.

I cannot use bottled mayonnaise as I am allergic to it ...

So, I have become an expert in preparing home made Ali Oli or home made Mayonnaise & dressings depending on recipe and cuisine ...

I have also learnt to prepare my own Ketchup ... I prepare a Spicy Tomato Smoked Spanish Paprika Sauce for my PATATAS BRAVAS - in the Potato or Ethnic Section; double fried Potatoes, a popular tapa throughout Spain, with Brava Sauce ...

Thousand Island as well as Green Goddess are truly lovely with Fresh grilled prawns or shrimp too ...

In Puglia, I enjoy dipping my langoustines into the dip ... I like my Thousand Island and Green Goddess, quite a bit thicker, as I use them for dipping the fresh grilled shrimp ... NICE ...

Ciao.
Have lovely month of August.
Margaux Cintrano.

Last edited:
Photo: Shrimp Prepared & 1.000 Islands Homemade

Margaux Cintrano: Photo of homemade 1.000 islands dip for fresh shrimp

Attachments

• shrimp with rose salsa.jpg
    shrimp with rose salsa.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 532
Back
Top Bottom