Bacon Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DrThunder88

Senior Cook
Last week I made some bacon for breakfast for my family (late lunch for me) and noticed the lovely fond they left on the bottom of my skillet. I deglazed with some milk, whipped up a quick flour roux with strained bacon drippings, and completed the sauce with some black pepper. Not only was it good on the remaining eggs, but it was good on just about everything else! From steamed broccoli to an extra strip of bacon (a decadent experiment, let me tell you). I'm going to braise some leeks today and try another batch.

Last week I made some bacon for breakfast for my family (late lunch for me) and noticed the lovely fond they left on the bottom of my skillet. I deglazed with some milk, whipped up a quick flour roux with strained bacon drippings, and completed the sauce with some black pepper. Not only was it good on the remaining eggs, but it was good on just about everything else! From steamed broccoli to an extra strip of bacon (a decadent experiment, let me tell you). I'm going to braise some leeks today and try another batch.

I think that's just good ol' bacon gravy...

Yum...would be good on cabbage or cauliflower or brussels sprouts and great on potatoes of any type, I'd think. Great idea - don't let those good drippings go to waste....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom