Canned gravy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giggler

Sous Chef
here we get Heinz bottled gravy...

Beef, Pork, Turkey,

Why no White Cream Gravey?

Also, We have Grand Children coming now and I see a lot of Chicken Fingers in our future, and the Kids like. Dipping Sauce!

I make a preety good Jezzabell Sauce!

Do they sell dipping sauce little individual tubs for children at the store?

Thanks, Eric.

I've never seen individual tubs in the store. How about a bottle of ranch dressing. That's popular around here for nugget dip.

I've never seen individual containers of gravy at the store, either.

Other things you can use for dipping sauce are barbecue sauce, Chinese hoisin sauce and honey mustard. There are lots of different flavors of barbecue sauce now. Do you have any little custard cups? You can pour the sauce into individual, reusable cups.

Find a restaurant supply site. (Google) You can buy those little paper cups.

Good luck with visiting grandchildren. Unfortunately for me 95% of my grandchildren are all grownup and living far away. So I just don't get to see them very often.

The tip of using bottled dressing is an excellent one. If the grandkiddies are too small, they just might not like the really hot sauces. Just keep a good supply of those chicken nuggets and fingers on hand.

Asian Sweet & Sour sauce is good for dipping chicken in. Tiny metal ramekins can be use for service.

small_ramekins.jpg

As for the white gravy, I haven't seen it in the North Dallas area, either. You would think you could buy it, especially here in Texas.

CD

I'm lazy I guess....:LOL: I keep a bunch of these tiny little red solo cups on hand for the grands when they all come over. They're handy for filling up with ranch dressing, peanut butter, bbq sauce, etc., and letting the kids dip their veggies, hot dogs, chicken nuggets, whatever, into them. The little cups are disposable....added plus. :LOL:
https://www.amazon.com/2oz-Mini-Red...+red+solo+cup&qid=1560400591&s=gateway&sr=8-5

Last edited:
As for the white gravy, I haven't seen it in the North Dallas area, either. You would think you could buy it, especially here in Texas.

CD

The closest I have seen it up north here is Prego's white pasta sauce. Just not what I would call :white gravy."

I'm lazy I guess....:LOL: I keep a bunch of these tiny little red solo cups on hand for the grands when they all come over. They're handy for filling up with ranch dressing, peanut butter, bbq sauce, etc., and letting the kids dip their veggies, hot dogs, chicken nuggets, whatever, into them. The little cups are disposable....added plus. :LOL:
https://www.amazon.com/2oz-Mini-Red...+red+solo+cup&qid=1560400591&s=gateway&sr=8-5

No, not lazy. Just frugal. You are preserving water when you don't have to do dishes.

Cheryl, in my BF's home, those are known as "Jell-o Shot Cups". :LOL: I didn't know that they had other uses!

My daughter was at one of her friend's house for a party. They were doing that Jello thing. But they were downing them real fast. My daughter was trying to keep up with them. She is not a hard liquor drinker. Beer for her only. She got so very sick. The doctor in the ER said it was alcohol poisoning. Not only was she embarrassed, but gave up her girlfriend. She knew she was hanging with the wrong crowd.

I hate canned and powdered gravy. Having said that dollar general has some pretty good canned sausage gravy for biscuits and gravy.

I hate canned and powdered gravy. Having said that dollar general has some pretty good canned sausage gravy for biscuits and gravy.

If it is for sausages and biscuits, I feel save it is white gravy. Any other kind is simply unfit for the best tasting plate of food there can be.

If it is for sausages and biscuits, I feel save it is white gravy. Any other kind is simply unfit for the best tasting plate of food there can be.
Sausage gravy is white gravy made with the fat from cooked breakfast sausage with lots of black pepper and the crumbled sausage added back in.

I am aware of what sausage gravy is. I lived in South Texas for three years. Up north we call it White Sauce. Not gravy.

Sausage gravy, White Sauce, Bechamel, Alfredo.

Good grief!

Almost posted early on in this thread that bottled Alfredo Sauce is just bechamel plus cheese and how often do Grandkids object to a little cheese?

Sausage gravy is white gravy made with the fat from cooked breakfast sausage with lots of black pepper and the crumbled sausage added back in.

Yes! The most awesome stuff ever. One of my favorite meals in the entire world is sausage gravy and biscuits. In fact, if I were on death row, that would be my last meal request. That and homemade mashed potatoes.

I prefer to make my own gravies when I can (with chicken, turkey, pork or beef drippings) but when it comes to canned gravy, the only brand I really like is Campbell's. I think it's better than the jarred stuff.

Sausage gravy, White Sauce, Bechamel, Alfredo.

Good grief!

Almost posted early on in this thread that bottled Alfredo Sauce is just bechamel plus cheese and how often do Grandkids object to a little cheese?

I am sure you know that the original Alfredo is made with only two ingredients. Heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. If only grandkids new how heavenly it is.

White sauce is just the exact same as Béchamel Sauce. Just a different name according to where you live. Up north it is call White Sauce. Down South, it is called Sausage Gravy. Or White Gravy.

No matter what you call any of the food sauces or additives, they are all absolutely a delight to eat! YUM!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom