Homemade Pasta Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
luca, don't stop there. hop a flight to nyc and i promise to show you a great time.

umm, not like cooking goddess can :rolleyes:, but fun nonetheless. (she deserved that one)

but seriously, come to nyc and i'll show you how butter, like cream, can add something special to a ragu or sugo di pomodoro like naples is to calabria.

Last edited:
luca, don't stop there. hop a flight to nyc and i promise to show you a great time.

umm, not like cooking goddess can :rolleyes:, but fun nonetheless. (she deserved that one)

but seriously, come to nyc and i'll show you how butter, like cream, can add something special to a ragu or sugo di pomodoro like naples is to calabria.

Well, thanks man!

I've never come to the USA, and surely New York will be my first destination, New Jersey the second one. I mean, I HAVE to visit Buddy Valastro and all the Sopranos' places...

I just have to overcome my terror of flying, Bologna-London is a short jump :wacko:

Well, thanks man!

I've never come to the USA, and surely New York will be my first destination, New Jersey the second one. I mean, I HAVE to visit Buddy Valastro and all the Sopranos' places...

I just have to overcome my terror of flying, Bologna-London is a short jump :wacko:

Buddy's place took a bad hit from Sandy. You know, Boston is the closest port to Europe. Thus a shorter flying time, and the tickets are cheaper because the landing fees are cheaper.

Go over to France and take the Chunnel to England. Now that would terrify me. :angel:

I'm with you, Addie. My son in law has taken the train through the Chunnell a few times. he says it is quite narrow. I'd need something to knock me out before getting on that train.

I'm with you, Addie. My son in law has taken the train through the Chunnell a few times. he says it is quite narrow. I'd need something to knock me out before getting on that train.

I've done it a few times and you can't see anything. Its pitch black, like riding a train at night.

Its nothing scary :)

When I was working, I drove through a tunnel twice a day for over 20 years. Now it's only several times a week lol It's two truck widths wide. No biggie.

I am having a claustrophobia episode just thinking of it. My heart is racing. We have to go through a tunnel to get into Boston proper. I was born in the oldest one, the Sumner Tunnel. I can't go through it during rush hour. I would rather used the Mystic Bridge. :angel:

Id ditch the cream cheese and replace it with heavy cream.

I agree. Half and half is good, as well. Which also reminds me off (pink) vodka tomato sauce over penne, topped with capicola or pancetta.

When tomatoes are in season, my favorite is fresh tomato sauce. In a food processor, puree fresh tomatoes (or San Marzano or Muir Glenn), oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Toss the pasta with the tomato sauce & fresh basil. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. I rub a clove of garlic in the pasta bowls before adding the cooked pasta. Heaven on a plate.

Adding cream to pesto is another way to go. Don't think it's a ny or jersey concoction. It's been around for awhile.

Last edited:
I am having a claustrophobia episode just thinking of it. My heart is racing. We have to go through a tunnel to get into Boston proper. I was born in the oldest one, the Sumner Tunnel. I can't go through it during rush hour. I would rather used the Mystic Bridge. :angel:

It's like being on the subway!

It's like being on the subway!

And that is another whole problem for me. When I worked in the Financial District, I would take the bus from downtown to Sullivan Station, change to East Boston in Chelsea. I have worked some jobs that I have to take several buses to get there. I have claustrophobia really bad. Bad enough that it affects my life every day. I never lock my door. Not even when I leave my apartment. I freak out when I lock the door after I leave. And I don't know why. I did have a psychiatrist teach me self-hypnosis when it gets so bad that I can't even function. I have sat on a bench in the subway for more than an hour before I could get on a train. :angel:

I did have a psychiatrist teach me self-hypnosis when it gets so bad that I can't even function. :

today that's called dialectical behavioural therapy, a derivative of cognital behavioural therapy.

interesting stuff.

Buddy's place took a bad hit from Sandy. You know, Boston is the closest port to Europe. Thus a shorter flying time, and the tickets are cheaper because the landing fees are cheaper.

Go over to France and take the Chunnel to England. Now that would terrify me. :angel:

Sorry for Buddy! And no chance I'll take that underwater hole... :(

I agree. Half and half is good, as well. Which also reminds me off (pink) vodka tomato sauce over penne, topped with capicola or pancetta.

Hi Cerise, those are beautiful memories... :yum:

Your very welcome Luca, you wont be disappointed, it is very nice :)

Enjoy the UK, I loved it when I went there...what places are you going to?

A few days in London, then me and Gabriella will move to Kent, we booked a cottage to visit that beautiful (I hope...) area of England. My first concern now is to find some place for a GORGEOUS sunday lunch :pig:

Back
Top Bottom