How long will prepared garlic keep?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kaylinda, I have kept it for months. I buy a big jar at Sam's about 3 times a year. I use a lot of fresh garlic too, but that jar is so darned handy, I tend to put a spoonfull in just about everything.

I have kept it in my fridge for longer than I am willing to admit and never had it go bad.

Apparently I kept a jar faaaaaaaaar longer than anyone could imagine - I made a GALLON of Caesar salad dressing (capers, whole anchovies, spent a fortune) and didn't realize the garlic had fermented - I was ticked!! Just smell it before using it - I didn't do that and there were so many things cooking in the kitchen I didn't pick up on it.

I bought a huge jar, that was in oil, and it's lasted me months so far. Still smells great, so I would guess in indefinately if it's in oil and refrigerated.

It is very mild. I wouldn't use it for any salads, but it is fine for cooking with. I admit, I am getting to be a garlic snob, and if I am using it for something raw then fresh is the only way to go. If I am cooking with it, then I will use the minced. I use a LOT of the minced though, as I said, very mild.

I need to read the post as well as the headlines... and then think about what I'm reading! hehehe. I don't buy the minced...I buy the whole peeled garlic...and it does spoil! I let it get moldy one time...that's when I started freezing them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom