Mayonnaise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
he has kindly provided a link to all his videos at the bottom of each of his posts

Thanks Bethzaring ! I am glad you liked it ;)

But I don't mention elsewhere because it is against the rules of this forum, and I understand it. The signature is ok so I use it.

Yes, your English is excellent! I would guess that very few if any members here could do a vice versa at a French cooking website. So Cudos!!!

Sometimes specific terms are hard to translate correctly.

Indeed I use Google Translate a lot, but terms outside their context are sometimes weird ;)

For things that contain raw eggs I use it within three days or I throw it out.

For leftovers in general I use it or freeze it within three days after that I throw it out.

I enjoy your instructional videos very much, thank you!

Where did you got this rule ? Is it something official ? (book or something...)

I believe it's from the same book that contains the ten second rule.
If you drop food on the floor and pick it up within ten seconds, it is still safe to eat.
;)

I believe it's from the same book that contains the ten second rule.
If you drop food on the floor and pick it up within ten seconds, it is still safe to eat.
;)

Great news pacanis, thanks!
I'll apply this rule with tomato sauce and a straw...

And GRAZIE to frenchguycooking for the videos, gonna check them all ASAP.

Great news pacanis, thanks!
I'll apply this rule with tomato sauce and a straw...

And GRAZIE to frenchguycooking for the videos, gonna check them all ASAP.

hmmm, I seem to remember Ozzy Osbourne using a straw on some ants... :ermm:

hmmm, probably around the same time.
He followed the, There are no rules, rule :LOL:

Hey, remember when bars would have hard boiled eggs out at room temp in a huge jar? Now we are worried about keeping them too long in a refrigerator setting.
But for some strange reason I also try to use up egg dalad or tuna fish salad within a few days. Although I've pressed five days :ohmy:

hmmm, probably around the same time.
He followed the, There are no rules, rule :LOL:

Hey, remember when bars would have hard boiled eggs out at room temp in a huge jar? Now we are worried about keeping them too long in a refrigerator setting.
But for some strange reason I also try to use up egg dalad or tuna fish salad within a few days. Although I've pressed five days :ohmy:

The eggs and the kielbasa were pickled in vinegar to preserve them and the old men that ate them were pickled in alcohol.

I still follow the three day rule, it's in the book! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

the reason why bars have eggs, especially pickled, on the bar had to do with old timey blue laws.

many years ago, businesses that just served alcohol, such as bars or saloons, were not allowed to be open on sundays due to those blue laws.

in order to get around that, the bar owners figured out that restaurants were allowed to serve on sundays, so the bars made all customers buy an egg before they could drink.

originally, hard boiled eggs were offered in an egg tree or simply in a bowl, but as it became sort of a joke and no one actually ate them, the owners just put a big jar of pickled eggs on the end of the bar.

the reason why bars have eggs, especially pickled, on the bar had to do with old timey blue laws.

many years ago, businesses that just served alcohol, such as bars or saloons, were not allowed to be open on sundays due to those blue laws.

in order to get around that, the bar owners figured out that restaurants were allowed to serve on sundays, so the bars made all customers buy an egg before they could drink.

originally, hard boiled eggs were offered in an egg tree or simply in a bowl, but as it became sort of a joke and no one actually ate them, the owners just put a big jar of pickled eggs on the end of the bar.

And I remember bars having big jars of pickled gizzards, I think they were turkey. Major grossout.

Hey, I was behind the bar, serving drinks! Dang, those gizzard jars were nasty....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom