Roasted Tomato Sauce?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gretchen said:
I have made these "sun dried tomatoes" this way for a long time and they are delicious. But made a Martha roasted tomato sauce yesterday that is OUTstanding. Will post. VERY rich. VERY easy.

Well, anyway, can't pull it up. Slice one large onion and spread on a baking sheet. Add 7 cloves garlic, crushed under a knife blade, 8 oz. sliced mushrooms and 3 1/2# tomatoes, thickly sliced. Spinkle with basil and a liberal drizzle of olive oil. Roast at 425* for one hour. Process in a food processor to a sauce. It is VERY hearty and thick. Delicious as a pizza topping or pasta. Would make a killer meat sauce.

Gretchen, I love the ease of this recipe, especially using a food processor over the food mill, but are the seeds bothersome in the sauce?

Lee

QSis said:
Gretchen, I love the ease of this recipe, especially using a food processor over the food mill, but are the seeds bothersome in the sauce?

Lee

They are non-existent--at least in mine.

Well, I don't know what these roasted tomatoes and garlic TASTE like (yet) but the smell of them roasting is worth millions.

I fired up the oven this morning, first time since June, and have two trays of tomatoes from the garden and two heads of garlic baking away.

Back
Top Bottom