brown rice question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

htc

Head Chef
If i presoak my brown rice before I cook it, will it loose it's nutritional benefit?

Thanks!

I've bever presoaked rice. Does the recipe call for presoaking?

I cook brown rice just like I do white, the only change is to have a 1 to 2 ratio for rice and water (instead of 1-rice to 1.5-water like you use for white ).

;)
Z

htc said:
If i presoak my brown rice before I cook it, will it loose it's nutritional benefit?

No.

I read an article from some research in Japan a couple of years ago that claims that the nutritional value of brown rice is actually enhanced by presoaking - well, they were looking at long presoaks (8-16 hours). But, I'm sure that even a shorter presoaking would be good, too.

I wash mine under cold running water to get any dust off, then soak it for a couple of hours - and use the soaking water to cook it in.

Thanks for the info. The recipe doesn't call for presoaking, but I read an article in the local paper that said if you presoak, it can taste better in terms of consistency, my Mom also said that. Guess I should have just assumed it was correct if Moms said so! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom